Is it illegal to offer concealment services?

If a person offers concealment services ..i:e: fake ,doorknobs ,,,receptacles that open, walls that move.. etc. Is that illegal? I did specialty design and installation but it was for hidden TV's , bars, and such .. but now I'm retired and am bugged to death

Just asking

Reply to
invntrr
Loading thread data ...

Here's the answer...

BTW I had to legally conceal it from everyone else.

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

What does BTW mean ??

Reply to
invntrr

It means By The Way.

Why would it be illegal?...unless you were concealing something illegal that is.

| >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| > BTW I had to legally conceal it from everyone else. | >

| > Norm Mugford | | What does BTW mean ?? | | >

| > > Just asking | > >

| > >

| > >

| >

| >

| > I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? | >

formatting link
| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That would be my thought as well - as long as the thing you're concealing isn't illegal itself, then concealing it shouldn't be either.

The only concern might be building or safety codes - ie. concealing a breaker panel shouldn't be done TOO well, in case, for example, a fire crew needs to find it. Moving walls, of course, can't compromise the structure of a building and building codes may come into play.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Check it out

formatting link

Reply to
invntrr

Before you retired how much was it to conceal a portrait of an ex mother-in -law? I suspect there are lots of guys that would pay big money to be able to push a button and have their mother-in -law disappear (her picture only of course).

Reply to
Just Looking

Even then, the concealment itself isn't illegal.

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Depends on the purpose. If it is for fraud or other illegal activity, then probably yes. But on its own, no. A house is a "concealment service" preventing outsiders from seeing you parade around in the nude after your bath. In that case NOT concealing is illegal.

Reply to
Unruh

I would suggest that as long as you dont know what the person your doing the work for will be hiding, no problem. But if some one asks for hiding place for " a kilo of xyz" you would be considered an accomplish in the handling of bad things....

I did this type of handy man stuff when I was in high school for friends, very lucrative and lots of fun as well.... Its like knowing a secret... there is also a great old book on how to do it, with lots of ideas... email me off list and I will give you the name...

Reply to
Bob in Phx

You mean hiding kilos of xyz? I thought xyz was legalized

| >>If a person offers concealment services ..i:e: fake ,doorknobs | >>,,,receptacles that open, walls that move.. etc. Is that illegal? | >>I did specialty design and installation but it was for hidden TV's , bars, | >>and such .. but now I'm retired and am bugged to death | >

| > Depends on the purpose. If it is for fraud or other illegal activity, then | > probably yes. But on its own, no. A house is a "concealment service" | > preventing outsiders from seeing you parade around in the nude after your | > bath. In that case NOT concealing is illegal. | >

| >

| >>Just asking | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

My God!! Think of what you are saying, are you trying to break this economy completely? Legal Pot may be good for selfish you but look at the hardships it will cause. What happens to the hard working illegal families that bring it into the country? What about all the police massive layoffs? Not only will this guys lose the tax free payoffs but with limited skills they will be forced to take jobs at Wal Mart as security people that check bags. Here is the meat of why Pot will never be legal ... the Lawyers. How in the hell are these guys (Prosecution-Defense) going to make a living? Cops will be delegated to arresting Jaywalkers just so they (lawyers) have something to do. The Prison system will have to sell most of it's prison's and fire the guards. You might say " lets make condo's from the prisons" ... but if you said that, now I am convinced you are a subversive because , don't you know a housing Glut exists? And your idea of condo's will just drive the price of poor peoples houses down more. The politicians learned a lesson from prohibition. They lost most of their income once booze was made legal .. I don't think they will ever do that again

Reply to
invntrr

You get your dope from illegals? Tsk, tsk.

Illegal or legal cops?

I disagree. They can all take early retirement to become professional alarm installers. The public will be confident, knowing that someone with a lifetime of experience responding to false alarms is now designing alarm systems which will also false every other day.

Same as now -- bribery, fraud, etc.

The guards will then become alarm dealers. Inmates will get jobs as consultants to companies looking to reduce shrinkage and shoplifting.

Or vice versa. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If anyone ever wanted to experience dope, they'd just have to be introduced to you. Err ..... that is ......before you die ....

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.