Inovonics C xmttr

I have a few systems still that have the old Inovonics C-xxx transmitters, you know the ones with the 3 AA batts soldered together in a long tube(?).

I can't remember how to get them to check in after changing the batteries...do you press the reset button after you take t he battery out and before installing the new ones...or do you press the reset after putting in the new batts?

Seems to take forever (hours) to check in...supervision is set for 60 min.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

The battery trouble should clear as soon as you replace the battery. Try opening and closing the door or window so that the xmtr sends a signal. If you press the transmitter's reset button, you will have to reprogram the transmitter. Also, if the battery goes completely dead, or if you leave the battery out (while replacing it) for more than one minute, you will need to reprogram the transmitter.

Reply to
alarman

I was told to press the reset button, but not when to...so I pressed it after I replaced the battery. I was reporting missing AND a low batt, now there's neither display (no response if open/close door) since tech support told me it may take 4-5 hours to check in I just left and told the client to let me know if it still didn't work.

So I email him last night and he tells me; "it's not beeping"...OYE...it was only beeping due to missing trouble or the door chime. Clients are sometimes NO freekin help at all.

Thanks, R.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Does it respond to open/close door? AFAIK by reading the manual, the reset button will remove data programmed into the xmtr. If your battery was dead, it might have lost programming on its own though.

Reply to
alarman

Well, I know the FA200 doesn't lose programming, was the C200 different - I figured the are essentially the same except for freq? I can't find a install sheet for the C stuff.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, they're old timey.

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.