Help with alarm siren choice?

Loading thread data ...

Good choice. You'll need to reinforce the section of roof where the sucker's going to sit though. Issue ear plugs to the neighbors.

Reply to
Frank Olson

No, this would be an indoor siren, with an exhaust pipe outside, I guess.

Then, to decide how to lock the intruders in.

Reply to
Tantalust

I thought there were laws against torturing people (even criminals). :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Why not the best of both worlds.

The lock with both the siren and the exhaust ...... inside.

The alarm sign would say, "Intruders will be struck deaf and die" This, of course, would free you from any liability.

Hmmm, false alarms while you're at home, could be a problem though.

Reply to
Jim

Say what??? ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Exactly... perfect.

LOLOL... Imagine... " HONEY, WHERE DID YOU [COUGH] PUT THE KEY FOR THE SIREN ENGINE?? "

Reply to
Tantalust

What about the inside siren? Where ya gonna hang that puppy...right outside the MBR I guess?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

One of those would suffice for both in and outdoor siren. It could hardly make any difference where where it was mounted as long as you were standing within a mile

Reply to
Jim

Apparently the range of one of those suckers was 25 miles... That would be great! You wouldn't need monitoring. You'd be driving down the freeway to your next service call, hear the siren and call 911. Tell the cops to head over to your house (the one that's making all the racket).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland Moore

What kind of a dumbass fires up something like that indoors, and then covers his ears because he's surprised it's so loud?

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.