Good bye cruel world.

As in the lyrics in pink floyd album the wall I say farewell to you all..

I am pretty bored of all this in here and I am pretty busy with my hobby (ham radio) up to a point where I can no longer follow the group day by day..

So Have fun, I hope that you all do well in your life and business (And I realy mean it).

I could come back looking from time to time. but I really think it will be soon!

Reply to
<petem001
Loading thread data ...

Queue the "Sound of Music"...

"So long. Fairwell. Aufwiedersehen. Goodbye."

Drop us a line some time! Don't forget the pointy tin hats are far superior in dissipating all that RF! :-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Ham radio? That's the new CB radio since they took away the code requirement.

Reply to
terryT

At least he won't have to worry about spelling. :-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Yeah, but we have not heard him speak. It might be worse!

Come back around and say hi sometime!

Reply to
G. Morgan

I'm not really sure that Pete was ever worried about spelling.

Doug

Reply to
vssdoug

Typical French...quits early

Reply to
mleuck

They have not used Morse code in the oceans for many years now its basically dead.. Ham Radio still requires a test unlike CB and you would be surprised how many can not even pass novice level. That said it did not help that the shit shack and other sold ham radios to those with no ham license. but One thing Ham radio polices it self so you do not have the wild west that CB is. which it self is pretty dead except for truckers construction sites and in country where its the hill billy cell phone.

Reply to
nick markowitz

RHC: CB radio is also useful on high end touring motorcycles that often have them as an option. When touring on my motorcycle, my CB is always on, and it does provide some measure of warning about traffic slowdowns, accidents, and police speed traps. Also riding in large groups, those with a CB can both lead the parade and also ride shotgun at the end to organize things. Truckers seem to have no problem talking to bikers when in the same situation ,they would ignore a car so equipped and I've had some interesting conversations at times....relieves the boredom on those long interstate drones..

A toy...yes....but it can be useful

Reply to
tourman

I still remember my Morse code from my Navy days. Certainly not as fast anymore. I have a little app on my desktop to practice every once in awhile.

I saw a demonstration on TV awhile ago. They had two people send the same message ... one sending a text message on a cell phone and someone sending it using Morse code. Code was done in half the time.

So much for modern technology.

It's just too bad you can't find a cell phone with a butterfly key on it.

Reply to
Jim

ROFL!!!

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Typical French...quits early

---------------------------------------------------------

Came back to check the comment about my post;-))

What you did not figured out on all those years is that I speak french, But I am not french..

Well I hope that one day you will finally understand it.. (but I wont be there to witness it, I wont live till 2158)

Reply to
<petem001

They have not used Morse code in the oceans for many years now its basically dead.. Ham Radio still requires a test unlike CB and you would be surprised how many can not even pass novice level. That said it did not help that the shit shack and other sold ham radios to those with no ham license. but One thing Ham radio polices it self so you do not have the wild west that CB is. which it self is pretty dead except for truckers construction sites and in country where its the hill billy cell phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ham radio is a great hobby, and the people of the ham community are even better.. we help each other in every aspect of the hobby and even when time are bad, we do help our fellow hams in there life.

If It would be like that for in our trade, we would all be rich and happy!

Reply to
<petem001

"tourman" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : snipped-for-privacy@x12g2000yql.googlegroups.com...

RHC: CB radio is also useful on high end touring motorcycles that often have them as an option. When touring on my motorcycle, my CB is always on, and it does provide some measure of warning about traffic slowdowns, accidents, and police speed traps. Also riding in large groups, those with a CB can both lead the parade and also ride shotgun at the end to organize things. Truckers seem to have no problem talking to bikers when in the same situation ,they would ignore a car so equipped and I've had some interesting conversations at times....relieves the boredom on those long interstate drones..

A toy...yes....but it can be useful

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Every communication device are usefull, I started using my cb when I was 14, became a ham at 18 and pass my superior class 3 month after obtaining my nocive class, never got to pass a morse code exam cause of dyslexia..

But I do use morse to make some good QSO (boy do the software decoder/encoder are good!)

I'll be in Gatineau this wednesday, If I am able I'll call you.. we could take a cold one on a terrasse ;-)

Reply to
<petem001

"Jim" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : snipped-for-privacy@h17g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

It's just too bad you can't find a cell phone with a butterfly key on it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decode some guys paddling at 30+ words a minute.. my software is sometime unable to lock on it!

thats an art.. and its still prettu alive.

We have some digital mode that are able to send at something close to 1200 bps and even faster..

Reply to
<petem001

Ok so that was it..See ya!

The email is still good, and if you have a words to tell me, dont be afraid..

Pierre Martel

Reply to
<petem001

RHC: I don't think so...but thanks anyway

Reply to
tourman

It's close enough

Reply to
mleuck

Just for you Mark ;-)

formatting link

Reply to
Petem

Hey Petem, I hate to see ya go but ..... what did you say good bye for if you're going to keep coming back?

This place sorta gets in your blood after so many years. I figure ASA is going to end up 10 years from now with Mark, Bob and me asking each other ..... Do I know you?

And the very last post to the group will be Tom, trying to sell anyone who will listen, a dealer program selling a frozen food plan to apartment dwellers with pricing based on large purchases of food shipped in from China.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.