contact window

Of course he'll use it when he loses, he's calling Jack's bluff though.

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

Nah. I was in a bad mood. Too much chemo. It makes me irritable. I apologize. If you ever come around I'll probably fire up the BBQ.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I haven't raised my hands in anger in almost 30 years.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

With or without a supposed non-functional, play, not really loaded, kinda looks like ...a firearm?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hmmmm it's just an observation but ..... I'd have to say that in view of his recent threat to Jack, that it was fortunate for his "victim" that he wasn't on chemo treatments back then.

Reply to
Jim

I think I'd prefer a good head stomping rather than eat one of you cheeseburgers

Doug

Robert L Bass wrote:

ologize. If you ever come around I'll probably fire up the

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
Doug L

You're welcome. When you actually get into it, if you run into any problems, let me know.

By the way, in spite of what DMW Bass says. This works just fine.

You have to understand that he hasn't installed anything in well over 5 years and wouldn't know what a window of recent design looks like, much less know how to wire it. And even when he did install, there's just ooodles of things on his website that he's stolen from other people and sources because he's one of these guys who reads something and then calls himself an expert. We've acutally riddled dozens of holes in his recommendations over the years and caught him in so many contradictions and inaccuracies, that it's almost funny if it weren't for the fact that he misleads end users into thinking that he's an "expert" so he can sell them alarm products.

To anyone who's actually wired some of these new windows it's quite obvious that his attempeted criticism of my method is steeped in ingorance of how windows are built nowdays and what kind of hardware is available and how to use it. Now really ..... who has seen a recently designed window, especially a tilt out, with "strings" on them? Drilling a 1/4 inch deep hole in the front surface of the sash will void the warrantee??? but breaking off a flange meant to be a weather seal wont??????? He made copies of the drawings and measured them with a micrometer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????? Oh Lordy ....... what will he think of next? HA HA HA HA

Reply to
Jim

Wouldn't both in effect do the same thing?

Doug

Robert L Bass wrote:

apologize. If you ever come around I'll probably fire up the

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'd have to agree that any "head stomping" performed by an overweight, person with cancer, who's on Chemo therapy, would certainly be my choice also.

"Come on now there DM, lift that big ol leg now! Come-on now ..... you can do it. Up Up ..... that's it ... that's it .... almost an inch off the floor now."

Cause also ..... you know, ..... if you bit into that Cheesburger and it tasted good, you'd know immediately that he'd poisoned it.

Reply to
Jim

I suppose so, you'd either die laughing at the thought of RLB stomping anyone's head or he'd bore you to death with his incessant babbling while you pretended to eat the putrid cheeseburger.

Doug

Mark Leuck wrote:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
Doug L

You'll be shooting him with fake guns soon if you don't learn to control that vicious temper of yours, have you tried anger management?

Doug

Robert L Bass wrote:

I'll stomp yours for you, Stevens.

Reply to
Doug L

Unless, of course, you mind splitting the wood on your new windows. Where Jiminex erred is he didn't measure. If there were more wood his idea would be fine.

Feel free to browse my website. It contains tons of information supplied by manufacturers -- just like every other online store selling alarms and home automation to DIYers. You'll notice that I made no reference to trying to sell anything to the gentleman. I gave the gentleman advice based on my nearly 30 years in the industry, most of it owning and operating a small alarm company.

Actually, I didn't criticize your method, which in many cases would be excellent. It is the application of the method for this particular window design that I question. If you take measurements of the window, extrapolated from the information provided by the manufacturer, you will see your error. Whether you will admit it is another matter but that is of no concern to the OP. He only wants to know how to protect his home and I seriusly doubt he cares about our personal dislike for ech other.

I wasn't referring to tilt-in (they don't dilt out) windows in the aside about counter balances. That was generic information.

No, but breaking off the bottom of the wood may do so. Based on the manufacturer's diagram it appears there's not enough wood there to accomodate the magnet. I suggest an alternate method which avoids the hazard.

Nope. I've done it that way countless times over many years and have never had an issue with a manufacturer yet. Splinter off part of the sash and I can guaranty the manufacturer won't help you.

Yep. I printed it and measured it. Amazing what you can do with a PC these days. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You'd need a head.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

e Jiminex erred is he didn't measure. If there were more

Why don't you tell us all about the last time you worked on one of these windows?

Fuck you, you ignorant asshole. Get a f****ng job instead of telling people who actually work for a living how do things you've never done.

by manufacturers -- just like every other online store

no reference to trying to sell anything to the gentleman.

most of it owning and operating a small alarm company.

Yeah .. sure. Everyone steals information from this Newsgroup, puts it on their web site and claims it's their idea. I'm sure you don't remember quoting the Sentrol installation guide as if it were your idea.

cellent. It is the application of the method for this

e window, extrapolated from the information provided by the

her matter but that is of no concern to the OP. He only

our personal dislike for ech other.

If you would have read my alternative to drilling into the bottom of the sash YOU'D see YOUR error.

But I don't want you to be mistaken on one item. I don't actually dislike you. I dispise you for everything that you are. I hope you die a long lingering death. And you can't imagine how good it is to know that you're on that quest ...... as you read this. Are we clear on that subject now?

about counter balances. That was generic information.

facturer's diagram it appears there's not enough wood there

er had an issue with a manufacturer yet.

Again, ..... why don't you tell us all exactly how many of these windows you've installed contacts on and exactly how many times a question on warrantee has come up.

ese days. :^)

You just can't quit .... can you. You've been and will continue to be a low down f****ng liar and pompous, nasty son of a bitch. ..... but it wont be for much longer.

Fuck off and die ..... and to borrow a line from you .=2E.............."and hit your head on the way down".

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
Jim

egzackly what I ended up with. 3/8" switchs with terminals. No way to drill up for mag. Not enough room. Those drawings must not have been scale. 1/8" flat mag with the dst fit nicely in bottom sash on the inside edge of the notch for the seal, lined up perfect with hole drilled just inside barrier down thru sill to basement. Ended up not as bad as I imagined. Found these today . Havent seen them in years, so ordered a couple. This is the single most used hand tool that I have had in my hand in the last 5 years. Cutter, stripper and real b connector crimper out at the end of the tool. Good for rough and finish work. Any others?

Reply to
Don

oops, here is the link to ,

formatting link

Reply to
Don

I knew it would work. There's nothing like being in the field and actually working on the job. Certainly better than sitting in an office in Florida reading a print copied off the Internet and then trying to tell someone who's actually done the work, that they're wrong.

Reply to
Jim

No one here does that :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Glad it worked out for ya.

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I just use the inside of my Klein's 8" dikes...take the stupid spring out and it mushes beanies just fine.

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.