Car Alarm: LED Flashes to beat of stereo

Nevermind, you already answered that question.

Does the LED blink normally when the vehicle is off and the alarm armed

Reply to
e-nigma
Loading thread data ...

Well I was meaning, maybe you did this. Pull the fuse, put the fuse back in, the moment you put it in does the LED flash? Maybe the alarm control unit is seeing a low voltage and "turning off" the logic, therefore everytime the voltage drop ends (end of beat impulse) the LED flashes as if the power was re-applied.

Chad

Reply to
Chad Wahls

Yes, the LED flashes immediately after I power-on the alarm.

Reply to
Sam

Any idea which fuse it would be? As I didn't do the install myself I don't know which fuse it's linked to.

Reply to
Sam

Sorry, Can't help you with that one.

Chad

Reply to
Chad Wahls

It's voltage induction. the poster who said "that's unlikely" has no clue. Every time the bass hits, the induction is just enough to flash the led. Re-routing the led wire or speaker wire will solve the issue.

Try disconnecting that mounted led at the controller, and hooking up another led at the controller without running the wiring near any other wiring. Doesn't do it anymore, does it?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Bullshit, unless the has both of them wrapped around a ferrite, the LED has WAY too low of an impedance and WAY too high of a forward turn on voltage to even see it.

IF it were happening from induction. The LED would only flash at PEAK of ONE EDGE of the WAVEFORM impulse and would have to have a LC CIRCUIT to hold it on to be visible remember it's a damn diode. Wanna do some math? I have wiring all over coming out of amps WAY more powerful than a car amp and have never had induction problems in such confines. Running a 70.7V constant voltage line along a high impedance mic cable for 100' MAY cause induction problems but an LED wire in a dash, get real. It's car audio not broadcast.

5 bucks says it does. Must be the same brand of LED or with very similar characteristics. I'll Paypal you.

Chad

Reply to
Chad Wahls

Just an update to everyone. I did end up leaving the LED/Alarm alone as some of have suggested. The strobe effect of the LED is caused by the radio/bass vibration affecting the two stage shock sensor. This is normal :-)

Reply to
Marko

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.