Businessman blames ADT for robberies

formatting link
Interesting

Reply to
NickMark
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Interesting that so many robberies occurred in rapid succession at the same address. It's a wonder that no one at ADT didn't pick up on that. Too bad we'll never hear of the resolution to discussions with the homeowner, since ADT will likely keep that under wraps.

Something not right there for sure....

Reply to
tourman

formatting link

All that money and no video cameras...hmmm, sounds suspicious to me. I have a 36 channel PC DVR system guarding my 2,000 sq ft mini mansion...I can't even take a scratch my ass or pick my nose without at least 3 cameras getting shots of that... :)

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 GoogleTalk: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Reply to
Jim Rojas

So? "Just do it." No one cares. Go naked too! :)

Reply to
Ant

RHC: Yeah, me too! If I scratch my ass in Florida, I have it on file !!....:))

Dont want to pick on ADT, but someone wasn't doing a complete security job for this customer....oh....sorry...I forgot, ADT are "contract monkeys" not true residential security ! Then again, add that to a cheap shit customer who won't spend a dime (hey...security services are "free" right?).....and who knows really who's at fault !!

Reply to
tourman

"ADT called him only long after the burglars had ransacked his house and st= olen his goods; and the alarm was working.

According to his contract, ADT is supposed to call him as soon as the alarm= is triggered and ask whether he is home. If he is not, it is supposed to s= end a car to the house for guards to check the property. However, in all th= e cases, he said, the company only called him to tell him that his house ha= d been burgled, his goods stolen and the burglars were gone."

I seriously doubt this, unless the police called ADT after they arrived ADT= wouldn't know it was a burglary or that his goods were stolen. They don't = normally do that

Reply to
mleuck

It's a No Dispatch area

=93Accord> > > >

formatting link
> >

=93According to our vehicle tracking data, on two of the occasions an ADT r= eaction vehicle and officer arrived at the premises within six minutes from= the time the alarm was activated. On the third occasion, the officer arriv= ed within 19 minutes due to high levels of activity in the area. The contac= t numbers used by the control room on these occasions to contact Mr Mabaso = reflect on his contract in sequence of use,=94 Roy Rawlins, managing direct= or of ADT Central Region said."

It sounds like they responded in the order he wanted them to respond and it= also looks like the area is a patrol response first then send the police. = Perhaps the burglars knew this which is why they chose his house several ti= mes.

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.