Black and Decker 9105B

Hi

I recently got this from a seller who made me think it was a couple of years old. Infact it looks like it is 15 years old. When I got the system to home and opened it it was missing the manual/installation instructions.

If somebody has an idea or has the manual as to how to set this system up could you please send me the instructions, it will be greatly appriciated.

I some how figured out that if I press the button at the back and then press 12345 then I can set the system mode in control panel. At the back of the main control unit and others(relay unit) there is a dial which can be used to set the security code. There are two dials with one dial having 0 to 10 settings and the second dial has 00 to 10 marked on it. But the panel on the front has only 5 buttons marked 1 to

1. I am not able to figure out how to program this system.

But once the system is set to ARMED I can't figure out how to turn it off by a code. The system has just five numbers 1,2,3,4 and 5. I can't figure out the security codes for this unit. If any one has an idea please help me. I want to be able to sent the monitoring to on / off atleast.

Thank you.

Reply to
nat2k5us
Loading thread data ...

Thank you so much chuck .. you have made my day.

So the sequence of numbers (1-2-3-4-5) if is the master lock. Then to change the mode of the system I just need to press that code again and change the mode( Monitor, TEST, ARMED Delay etc). Would it be too much if I asked you to send me a scanned copy. My e-mail address is snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com.

Thanks again.

Reply to
nat2k5us

Reply to
Chuck

I have a hard copy of the manual.

According to the manual, you can change the master code by unplugging the controller and removing the battery. Replace the battery and power. Press the programming button on the back and enter a new code. Any combination of

Reply to
Chuck

I don't know if this is the same system I remember or not but if so, I don't think the system has low battery notification nor are the transmitters supervised. Also, anyone familar with it can deprogram it. No supervision means that if the transmitter stops working or gets damaged or someone picks it up and simply walks away with it .......... you'll never know.

It was a system designed by people who knew all about marketing a product but absolutely nothing about alarm systems. It was on the retail market for a few years and then dropped. I presume because people eventually discovered it's absurd weaknesses. It's a nice toy but if you're serious about security, now you can spend about the same amount of money for a unit that is installed professionally that you can install and has all the safeguards.

Reply to
Jim

As I said the seller made me belive it was like 2 years old. It was in its original box packing and everything looked somewhat new. The box looked a little old .. but I thought it was just wear ( not age). I was wrong. THat old scumbag is a fraud. He lives somewhat far from where I stay and with these high fuel prices I don't feel like making a trip in dissapointment. Anyways I have figured out how to install it and use it. THe lamp on/off works well and I am able to set the security code and turn the monitoring on/off. The system does have a low battery notification. Here is a image of the system.

formatting link

Reply to
nat2k5us

Excellent system and btw a great belt sander too with the optional attachment

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's the same system. When you say it has a low battery detector does it detect the low battery in the transmitter or a low battery in the main unit. I coulda sworn it didn't let you know when the batteries in the transmitters were low. But .. it was a long time ago.

If you're going to use it, just keep in mind that when one item goes, there's no getting replacement parts. Your time and effort installing it could be better spent working on something that's of higher quality and will be servicable for the next ten or so years. Keep in mind that ..... to begin with, it was low on the totum in quality and security all those years ago. Now it's simply a working piece of obsolescence with no value whatsoever.

Reply to
Jim

Mmm.. ok I am convinced that this might not be worth installing. I paid like 50 bucks for it thinking it was not that old. Anyways since it is wireless and came with dual side tape which is pretty easy to install ... I might as well.

Reply to
nat2k5us

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.