Beam Clamps

Anyone ever use the hammer on type beam clamps?

formatting link
Considering using them on a huge fire job where hundreds of beam clamps will be needed.

The time savings would be considerable - of they are secure, which they look to be.

Will likely still need to use the bolt on type for corners, but for the straight runs we're hoping these will do the trick.

Any experience is appreciated.

Reply to
JoeRaisin
Loading thread data ...

I've used them.

Don't be over zealous when hammering them on and don't try to reuse them. If it doesn't go on right the first time. Throw it away and use a new one.

Reply to
Jim

I second Jim on that

Reply to
nick markowitz

I am always nervous about hammer on press fit anything, but if you setup with a cordless and spare batteries on the lift or use a lift with an inverter (or in the case of my lift a generator (its complicated but provides cleaner power)) to drive a screw gun you can install regular bolt on beam clamps pretty darn fast.

Slap, zip. Slap, bang bang bang.

Sometimes what appears faster isn't always. I have had guys who refused to drag out an extension cord to drill all the holes to prewire a house, but a good quality 1/2 drill on a heavy 12 gage extension cord will produce twice as much work over the course of a comprehensive prewire. Had that argument with another guy recently about erecting steel buildings, but when the contractor put up my shop they had Milwaukee screw guns running on heavy erxtension cords.

Anyway. Try it both ways and see.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.