Anyone use Honeywell 7845 AlarmNet Cellular backup?

Has anyone used the Honeywell 7845CV2 Cellular backup device through AlarmNet?

formatting link
'm wondering how easy this would be to hook up to an existing Napco Gemini P3200 and to have it dial my existing central station company if the phone line should fail, etc? Thanks

Reply to
Total nerd
Loading thread data ...

The unit itself will not dial your central station AlarmNet does, the

7845CV2 will not detect phone failure you'd have to have the Napco panel trigger it on a fail to communicate if thats possible
Reply to
Mark Leuck

When using cellular backup with Napco panels I always use the 3008 relay panel. This way I can send different siganls for fire, burg, panic, duress, and telephone failure. I also trip the 3200 if the cell fails too.

If you're going to use the 3008 make sure you get the unit in the metal box. You can order it board only, but it just doesn't fit in the 3200 panel along with everything else.

Reply to
Jim

That wouldn't work with the 7845C, Uplink yes

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I already have the Napco panel detect a phone line failure and I suppose I could purchase a 3008 relay board too, but then which device could I use as a cellular backup dialer? I was hoping such a device could simply be used in place of a dial tone, and everything else acted the same, but I'm learning that's not entirely possible. All these companies have their own proprietary cell networks with monthly fees associated with them, etc. etc. It almost looks as though I would use the cell dialer IN PLACE of my home phone dialer.

Reply to
Total nerd

Hmmm! you're right. I wouldn't use the C version. If you're going to have a back up reporting device, and it only sends two signals, ( three if you use the fault relay output)and someone cut the phone lines and then invaded the house ....... the home owner presses the panic button and is sends a burglary signal?

Nah!

For the small additional cost use the CZ version along with the 3008 relay box. It doesn't send every zone but breaks it up into back up signals that have some meaning.

Reply to
Jim

Use the CZ version. It has multiple zone inputs.

Yep, that's capitalism for ya.

The idea is to have a "backup". If one fails you have the other method to use to get your signals out. There's no reason to believe that the cellular or other device that you use, wouldn't ever fail. Telephone lines can be tampered with, cellular or radio can go out of service. Does your cell phone work 100% of the time?

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Bob Worthy

In that case you want a TelGuard cellular backup, it will allow reporting only if the phone line goes down but the panel has to report or detect a phone line failure

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I believe with the CZ you also have to have a 4219 zone expander to get those zones and depending on the zone it will send it may send a burg signal instead of a panic but since it would be in 4/2 format you can define it anyway you want

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Well you "believe" wrong.

Total of six inputs mapped to seven reporting zones.

Five hardwired, voltage triggered input zones that are programmable for inverted or non-inverted operation.

Two zones mapped to one physical input that detect both burg and fire ( steady and pulsed) signals when connected to the bell output of a control panel. These inputs can be 2K EOL supervised, voltage triggered or groud triggered.

Open collector programmable radio fault output in Zone mode.

Reply to
Jim

You are correct, I'm getting my CV's and CZ's mixed up

Reply to
Mark Leuck

------------------------------------- Don at Adin.ca Tech support.

Reply to
adintechie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.