American Dynamics Speeddome Outdoor Enclosures

So now I am the lucky owner of two RHODUL-04VR outdoor enclosures. YAY! They are on their way via Fed Ex. I hear that the hornets are already packing up to move in. But seriously, I know that I also need a mounting bracket. Can anyone make suggestions in that arena, brackets to avoid? And also, is there anything I need to be aware of in order to not be short of all of the parts I need? Also, any sources you can recommend, or sources to avoid? I'm not sure yet how/where we're going to mount this beast, but it will probably be something akin to the RHOLW, mounting on the wall, projecting out over landscaping. Thanks!

If you prefer private email, you can send to sodom (at) san (dot) rr (dot) com

Sue

Reply to
Sue
Loading thread data ...

There are many types of mounts. Like: corner mount pole mount pipe mount If you are you trying a roof mount, one needs to know what type of roof you have, or if a wall mount same thing.

Reply to
Roland More

you forgot...construction adhesive :-) lick it and stick it.

| > If you prefer private email, you can send to sodom (at) san (dot) rr | > (dot) com | >

| > Sue | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

As I said previously, we're thinking of the wall mount projecting over landscaping. This will be attached to either stucco, or the wood trim. Perhaps I should point you to a picture of the house.

formatting link
below the weather vane is the most convenient spot to put the camera. It is currently inside the window just below it. The darned palm tree gets in the way of it right now. I suppose that will still be a problem when it's outside.

Reply to
Sue

I'd put it on a standard mounting arm...on the wood not the stucco (pita). You can bring the wires right in through the gable vent.

Those queen palms need to be trimmed!

| >> If you prefer private email, you can send to sodom (at) san (dot) rr | >> (dot) com | >>

| >> Sue | >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You have a attractive house. From the elevation you posted it is hard to know if a long arm would reach over the ornamental vegetation. Perhaps going up would get you the view you want without having to cut back the verdure. Maybe start with a ROTRF to add with a RHOTR

Reply to
Roland More

Thank you, Roland. I appreciate the suggestions. I'll scope out the two parts you mentioned and do some measuring.

Reply to
Sue

Sell 'em. There are landscapers out there who will pay you and remove them. js

Reply to
Carl Carlson

I trim mine back so there's only 4-6 fronds...queen palms are finicky too.

| > Those queen palms need to be trimmed! | >

| >

| > | >> If you prefer private email, you can send to sodom (at) san (dot) | > rr | > | >> (dot) com | > | >>

| > | >> Sue | > | >>

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sounds good. Thanks for the frond memories. :-)

Finicky how?

Reply to
Sue

I like that idea. I just need to convince hubby. There are pygmy date palms in there too, and they are just nasty. The thorns are lethal! We could put King Palms in there instead.

Thanks, Carl, um, js.

Reply to
Sue

lol ~

they get frizzle-top without manganese every few months (at least out here they do).

| >

| >

| > | > Those queen palms need to be trimmed! | > | >

| > | >

| > | > | >> If you prefer private email, you can send to sodom (at) san | > (dot) | > | > rr | > | > | >> (dot) com | > | > | >>

| > | > | >> Sue | > | > | >>

| > | > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

We'll at least give it a good trimming and some manganese. Thanks!

Reply to
Sue

Congrat's, yes watch out for the hornets. Your new dome can be fitted with an End Cap Assembly "ROENDC" which will allow easy connection and access to splice points. You can then go to Home Depot and get 1 1/2in threated plumbing hardware to fix/bolt it to the eaves. The Pelco PP350 wall/Parapet mount mates to this product quite well. Goo luck.. seal your dome

Marc

Reply to
Pogo

a trimmed queen is a happy queen

| > they get frizzle-top without manganese every few months (at least out here | > they do). | >

| >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | > | > Those queen palms need to be trimmed! | > | > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | > | >> If you prefer private email, you can send to sodom (at) | > san | > | > (dot) | > | > | > rr | > | > | > | >> (dot) com | > | > | > | >>

| > | > | > | >> Sue | > | > | > | >>

| > | > | > | >

| > | > | > | >

| > | > | > | | > | > | > | | > | > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That's what my hairdresser in Hillcrest says. :-)

Reply to
Sue

Thank you Marc! Gotta love those part numbers. :-)

Sue

Reply to
Sue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.