All these media companies getting into home security businesses.

Hello.

Example with DirectTV:

formatting link

I don't know anyone with these ISPs' alarm systems. Do you guys? Almost Everyone I know uses ADT. An old couples with a local one(?). Are these really popular with ISPs and media companies?

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
Ant
Loading thread data ...

Verizon and comcast sell there stuff here but they do not seem to be doing very well with it when people realize what it really costs

Reply to
NickMark

don't know anyone with these ISPs' alarm systems. Do you guys? Almost Ever yone I know uses ADT. An old couples with a local one(?). Are these really popular with ISPs and media companies? Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing." --Ben Franklin /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @

formatting link
(Personal Web Sit e) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links:
formatting link
| |o o| | \ _ / P lease nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.

Everybody wants a piece of the recurring revenue pie. Typically, through th e years the problem the larger companies have with it is that they can't pr ovide the one on one service that is expected by the consumer. As long as t he system works, everything is "OK". As soon as the consumers try to make f ull use of the system and something doesn't work, the "next up" service tec h (excuse me, I mean person who happens to be riding around in a service tr uck and doesn't have a vested interest in retaining the customer) appears a t the site. Or .... the alarm system is so dumbed down that it takes two or three minutes for the system to report to central or doesn't report at all and then another 3 to 5 minutes before the central calls for a code word. Or they don't call at all because they got a disarm signal. As always, it boils down to ..... you don't get something for nothing and p ersonalized service.

Reply to
Jim

So, it's worse than the popular ones like ADT?

Reply to
Ant

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.