Alarmforce's Equipment

I know that Alarmfarce uses their own propietary speaker phone with a Linear wirelss receiver and Linear DX series of transmitters.

But what I don't know is how old the Linear technology is. I've been in the industry for 17 years and they were around when I started so I know they're at least that old. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Julian

Reply to
Julian
Loading thread data ...

The Dx stuff has been around at least 20 years it replaced the even older junk.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Linear's been around for 30 years or so, the DX stuff is fairly recent

Reply to
Mark Leuck

They still make some of the same transmitters they made nearly 30 years ago. Remember the D-21A door/window transmitters?

formatting link
How about the D-67 receiver?
formatting link
Those things have been around forever.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I still have a box full of D-67's from when we used to do model homes...I tossed about 60 kept 30 or so...I still use them once in a while. Haven't changed in 20+ years as I remember.

| Bass Home Electronics | 941-925-8650 | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 |

formatting link
| =============================>

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

I only used them for panic pendants.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't won't even use them for that now. They make mediocre gate opener remotes IMO, but that's it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

That isn't the DX stuff thats the old dip switch sensors which were junk, the DX stuff is maybe 10 to 15 years old

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's all that damn Holger's fault :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

yep the old junk

| >

| > | Bass Home Electronics | > | 941-925-8650 | > | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | > | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 | > |

formatting link
| > | =============================>

| > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yep. They're older than the oars on Jim's "yacht"... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Wasn't it Holger who used to do Linear?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Their newer long-range wireless transmitters work pretty well. I sold some to a marina a year or two ago. They had problems with people boarding boats at the dock, stealing navigation gear. On even mid-sized yachts electronics can run to tens of thousands of dollars.

The police station was about a mile away from the marina. They installed conventional marine alarms and tied the outputs to long range Linear wireless transmitters. The receiver was installed at police headquarters (nice, small town) and connected to a piezo.

One of the alarms went off a few days after it was installed. They made an arrest. Nice.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I had a ton of headaches with the "newer" 10-15 year old stuff. Constant battery issues, interference from othe sources blocking transmitters, and its a pain to change the batteries.

While I recognixze that Inovonics and ITI have some pretty darn good wireless, I have to say I've had absolutely the least trouble with Napco wireless in normal uses. I've got some huge houses running with a single centrally located receiver that have worked flawlessly for the life of the transmitter batteries for about 5 years now. Then they only indicate low battery and don't go flaky.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Wont be too long now and everything will be older than you.

Reply to
Jim

You can't even remember what lies you tell. To listen to you ..... every damn system you sell results in someone getting arrested.

You're so f****ng pitiful.

Reply to
Jim

I've had the same experience. As I've mentioned before, I always do a preliminary transmitter/receiver placement survey first, to make sure all locataion are giving me a 6 or higher signal strength. I do this because on a few of my first installs, after a period of time, when going back on a call, I'd noticed that some of the previously higher readings had dropped. Probably just from things that had changed on the job. So now, if I start at a 6, there's not much that could bring it below the minimum of 3.

I just added 6 more transmitters to a 64 transmitter job the other day. Been installed about 5 years now with only low battery troubles. I do have two receivers though.

When Napco first came out with their wireless, I was speaking with one of their engineers. He said that they'd really done their homework on the wireless before releasing it. He said they'd used ITI as their guide. I can truthfully say that except for a few transmitters with bad reed switches and a couple of "battery eaters" I don't have any problems with their wireless.

Reply to
Jim

I've noticed they're the only manufacturer that uses Full-Sized Half-Wave Dipole antennas on their receivers, it definitely helps the receiver hear better... I like the fact that more than one receiver can be used on their Gemini panels. Now, if Napco would come out with Honeywell Style keypads, I'd be a happy camper..... :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Better yet... One with an LCD display big enough to read: "Attention Burglar! Go Ahead, Make My Day."

Reply to
Frank Olson

Duh, what else are they going to say?

Hopefully they won't get sued like Ademco :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.