ADT Contract Language help.

YEP.

| > Second, If the builder wants to sell the house and you have a contract | > to buy you can invite your own contractors in to pre-wire. This goes | > for audio, video, security, and communications. > -- | >

| > -Graham | > (remove the double e's to email) | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I would have taken the additional option of "f*ck you, Mr builder- it is my money and you better build it the way I tell you to- otherwise, no deal."

If you're saying that this wasn't an option with a home that you were having built for you, then you bought the wrong home from the wrong builder. Did they provide a tube KY with each home purchase?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

You have the First Alert personality disk for Compass? I have to use the old MS-DOS based thing from 1992. Does it do FA1000 and FA1200C on Compass? Maybe I have someting you want and we could trade?

Reply to
Roland Moore

Okay SafeWatch Pro 3000 = Vista 20P? I didn't know that. ADT hasn't made the switch to their own product there? No wonder they will give him the lockout code. I have seen ADT panels listed in Compass Software. You can't hit them without the ADT personality disk (like First Alert) as you are probably all too well aware already. In any case the Vista 20P is still a middle of the road panel, certainly not high end.

Reply to
Roland Moore

In a true custom home yes, in a "semi-custom" (read; custom tract spec house) forget it, the builder uses and charges what he wants. I've been on both ends of this stick.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I dunno if it does those, I'll have to look later. I only use it for the small panels.

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

He wasn't having a home built for him, he was buying a home that was being built, its not the same thing.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

The solution to this is to insist on being allowed to provide your own security,CCTV, intercom, structured wiring and whole-house audio video during negotiations for the purchase. Get it in writing *before* you sign with the builder. If he won't budge, find another builder.

One nice thing (for consumers) about the falling housing market is that builders become more flexible than they were during the boom years before Bush.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

well not quite. i purchased a home in a developer owned community. ie. they had 9 models, each with different elevations and 100's of thosands of dollars in options each. my wife and i picked the lot, the house everything in it etc. but the builder owns the lot AND the house until the day of closing... so i watched the whole thing get built to my specs (of the specs *they allow*) and could only do stuff out of the scope they allowed after it was done and i finally owned it.

to those who said the alarm option was robbery and i shouldn't have gone with the builder... well clearly it was robbery and some kind of deal with a small old equipment company BUT the neighboorhood, price, design, other options were great... what was i supposed to do, cut my face off to spite my nose?

in the end hopefully this works out...

Reply to
canyonblue

security,CCTV, intercom, structured wiring and whole-house

*before* you sign with the builder. If he won't budge, find

builders become more flexible than they were during the boom

Hate to break it to you but the boom years were DURING Bush, in fact the last housing crash was in 94 under Clinton

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, right.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thats normal, but the price for a prewire you mentioned was very high for what they were giving you.

| > Doug | | | well not quite. i purchased a home in a developer owned community. ie. | they had 9 models, each with different elevations and 100's of thosands | of dollars in options each. my wife and i picked the lot, the house | everything in it etc. but the builder owns the lot AND the house until | the day of closing... so i watched the whole thing get built to my | specs (of the specs *they allow*) and could only do stuff out of the | scope they allowed after it was done and i finally owned it. | | to those who said the alarm option was robbery and i shouldn't have | gone with the builder... well clearly it was robbery and some kind of | deal with a small old equipment company BUT the neighboorhood, price, | design, other options were great... what was i supposed to do, cut my | face off to spite my nose? | | in the end hopefully this works out... |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You have yet to prove your argument, the housing boom has JUST begun to slow down after years of rapid growth during both Clinton and Bush, even the slowdown has been mild.

You are much better off just cutting and pasting things from the local paper Robert

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Its not built to your specs, you chose from the menu of options, thats all

Doug

Reply to
Doug

I wish he'd post that Walmart coupon. You know the one with $1.00 off the economy Kleenex. I'm goin' through record numbers havin' to wipe my monitor so often. Now QUIT it! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Shhhhhh! He thinks it's a custom home. js

Reply to
alarman

custom tract...what an oxymoron. genuine Naugahyde...damn those freekin Naugas

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.