707 Roll.

Reply to
I brive a dus
Loading thread data ...

In line.

I've only recently started posting. And I'm not sorry to say I missed most of it. Google archives much of what's transpired here for the last few years though.

You expect them to investigate a complaint from someone outside of their jurisdiction?

Yeah, I know. And he's a "walking dead man" too. Some of the guys here are way over the top.

I notice he no longer provides monitoring services.

It gets a bit anal here at times.

An asshole will always be an asshole. There are two ways to respond to one. You can tolerate his antics and keep your opinions to yourself, or you can tell him flat out that he's an asshole. Kissing up to one however, is taking things just a bit too far.

Alright.

Not everything the asshole posts will become a target. Not everything he posts is bullshit either, but the ratio of bullshit to meaningful contribution is still about 8 or 9 to one.

I don't see Frank "hammering away" at Bass these days. Unless you want to call asking for proof "hammering".

Bass is an expert at manipulating facts and in the use of Italian suppositories. Even though individuals he's attacked can prove what he's said about them is utter fabrication, there will always be that element of doubt. If some guy emailed me and told me one of my employees was using "company resources" to perform illegal credit checks, it would be foolish of me not to investigate. It would be just as foolish for me not to change the passwords even if that investigation revealed the email to be an utter lie. What a waste of time and "company resources".

I don't see how reporting genuine illegal activity is a waste of time or even mean spirited. Bass left himself open to it, and even afterwards skirted around the issue for years until only recently. I don't see how informing a manufacturer about his copying software and offering it for download on his website is anything like what he's done. Christ, Frank sent me dozens of links that prove beyond a shadow of doubt the man's a liar and an asshole.

You can continue to "make nice" to each other all day long. Just take it to another forum if you can't bring yourselves to exchanging sloppy emails, will ya please?

Reply to
FIRETEK

Hmm. Nothing left. Oh, well.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Just think. Shortly we'll be able to say that about you.

Reply to
Jim

Really? And what proof have you offered other than your own feeble lies, innuendo, and downright nastiness?

And your many installation fairy tales are both the whipped cream and the sprinkles on your own "maneur" cake.

I'd say "prove it", but someone's already beat me to it.

That statement applies to you more than me.

Ummm.... I'm holding both my pilot's licenses now.

That statement applies to you more than me.

Now there you go again... Dragging poor Jim into more of your fantasies. Do you figure Tom will "referee" a meeting between the two of you at the next ISC show, or will Jim just lay you out cold before he can even say "fight"??

moron techs believe his crap. He went RW on me, called

I called *one* of your "suppliers". Never mentioned my name (or yours), but asked one simple question. "What do I need to purchase product from you in Florida?" The guy that answered said: "A Florida License".

I only called *one* manufacturer. And you know why.

Hmmm... I don't recall hearing any laughter. I do recall seeing the link to their illegally copied software deleted from your website within minutes of my call.

I never told the rep anything about me (or that I was from Canada). Where the heck did you...??!! Never mind... I already know the answer.

Huh??

Awwwww! Really? That's a laugh.. That's like the guy that's selling illegal copies of movies telling his customers "they hurt my business" when the cops raid his house...

you claim you've seen proof of his nonsensical

convinced yet whether you're a liar or just an idiot.

He's an idiot for responding to you. You're the "sock puppet" master.

That's a "nice way" of putting it.

You repeatedly accused him of running his business illegally. Up until Groupie Muderator posted the link to his business, that is. And I'm sure that more than a few AHJ's received phone calls from some idiot in Sarasota checking up on him...

At one point in time, Tom was a lot more "honest" about how he felt about you. This whole thing goes in "cycles". Some brave soul comes forward and says "enough is enough", things proceed civilly for about two months, then you'll upset the applecart with some stupid lame-assed remark.

he's wrong.

I believe you Bass.

That's another "whopper"... Anyone got any cheese or bacon to go with it?

You "forget" nothing.

earned him my respect. First, he refused to join the

So did I.

We each do our bit. Some of us even "advertise".

Sure...

Speaking for the Group again??

Check. Graham and I are both *licensed* alarm installers. As for being "slicker", I drive a Lincoln Navigator. He drives a VW van. He'll probably pass me at the gas station (that is until the State Troopers see all the oil he's burning).

Right. Me and Frank are buds. Have been for years. We both wear socks, but I'm the one with the wooden head.

Ok... We're all "small men".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Prove it! Oh wait... You can't...

Reply to
Frank Olson

There's not much chance you'd even have the nerve to

do come and give it a try, you cowardly punk.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Speaking of having a good laugh.

Really pisses you off that you can't use your "favorite" revenge ..... Eh!

You're a weakling, chemo fried, pork chop, at this point and the worse you could do to anyone, would be to faint, and land on someone.

Ya see, you ol unprincipaled dying prick you, eventually someone like you runs into someone like me. Some one who doesn't give a shit what the hell you think or what you do or what you are. Just the same way you've treated people all your contemptuous life. I can f*ck with your head all day long and there's not one damn thing you can do about it. Ain't that a shame...... You pissed off so many people, that you finnally whittled it down to a select few who wont stand for your arrogant shit. Who aren't just going to go away and let you do what ever the f*ck you feel like doing, without regard for others. Now you've got me, to treat you the same way. Ain't that special? You can cry and puff and huff and say what ever you want, but you're a nasty f*ck, you dead prick you. You're gonna go down in that f****ng hole and there will be hundreds of people who'll say, good riddence. In your last moments, I hope you're thinking about that.

You deserve every f****ng bad thing that happens to you, you piece of shit.

Rant and rave all you want. Boo De Hoo Hoo Hoo!

And in the meantime, I'll laugh you all the way to your grave. And although no one else will say it, when you're dead, it'll be the biggest relief since the invention of Gasex.

Reply to
Jim

You can't miss it, there's flowers painted all over it and a Grateful Dead sticker on the bumper!

Reply to
Chingas

Reply to
I brive a dus

If you claim you've seen proof of his nonsensical

convinced yet whether you're a liar or just an idiot.

but he's wrong.

Reply to
I brive a dus

:-)

I've been advocating that for years.

It was definitely "Mike". You know it, I know it, and so does everyone else that's a regular participant. If what Bass says about the numerous calls to his suppliers from "some guy named Olson", I wouldn't put it past Mike to use my name to do exactly that. I've spoken to Robert about this too. Ask him how he responded.

Of course not. What has that got to do with what I said.

My apologies.

I agree.

You can start now.

I tried that too. It doesn't work. Bass expects you're going to ignore his lies, innuendo and outright attacks on others in this Group. To stand idly by while he spins his malicious web of deceit. If that's the "respect" you want from him, then by all means you're welcome to it. I respect your decision not to get involved just as I respect Bob C., Stevens, La Londe, and others. The source of the flames is well known to both of us and that fact has been demonstrated on many occasions when he's been away from the Group for some time. It's within *his* power to moderate the responses he gets here.

He could have picked up the phone.

I don't agree with it.

Nope. We contribute anonymously. I won't mention the charity but it's responsible for feeding hundreds of the homeless and downtrodden every day (and not just Christmas or Thanksgiving).

Probably.

Of course not. It's his behaviour in this Group that concerns me. Bass can be a nasty piece of shit. A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf.

:-)

I tell you what. I respect you. After all the shit Bass has pulled over the years it's going to take a lot for me to be able to demonstrate "respect" to him. I've made the first move two years ago and have limited my responses to asking for proof for the things he says about me and others. I've not personally attacked him in other Groups unless he's thrown the first stone. Let's see if Bass is "man enough" to put away the rocks. Let's see if he's "man enough" to admit he's lied.

"New material" would require my "inventing" something about him. That would be dishonest and a lie. I've never lied in this Group.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Mine reads: "My other car is a Boeing 737".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
I brive a dus

Be that as it may... It would become what Steve Ryckman envisioned all along. That's not a bad thing and something I will continue to advocate for.

I could post the Google that proves it. The poster that claimed to be "Mike" confessed to being "Mike" more than once (in unrelated threads).

Which is something Bass will never do.

Apparently. People post binaries, html, catalogue sheets, and other useless garbage into here all the time.

That's pretty obvious.

I don't recall. What you did here (to restore "balance" between you and Bass) didn't involve a "turning of the cheek". How long this will last is very much up to Bass as well.

OK.

There are two distinct differences between the examples you've decided to concentrate on. The "wild keypad story" is definitely a lie. The "floating ladder story" has been "elevated" by Robert's rather futile attempts to discredit me. You can't believe everything he posts particularly when it involves anything to do with his time in the trade, the things he's seen (or done), the professionals that post here (that don't happen to agree with his antics), professional monitoring and installation, etc. If you do, then I have this really unique business opportunity you might be interested in. It involves a bridge over the Fraser River and a toll booth.

If you call asking for proof "lame", then so be it.

Nope. And they never have "participated". I respect that.

Why did Robert feel the need to "publicly confirm that he contributed"? The answer is as obvious as the nose on your son's face. How is the little guy by the way?

And if I wasn't so involved in providing the same service to the "recipients" here, you would have received an anonymous money order with a "Vancouver" postmark. We should each of us do what we can to help those less fortunate than ourselves. The need in BC is every bit as important. The Provincial Government (in their infinite stupidity) shut down two major long term mental care facilities and hundreds of people were left in the lurch. With no one to supervise the dispensing of their required medication, many have gravitated to the streets and all the things that entails. The situation is becoming untenable and the stresses imposed on our emergency medical services as a consequence is becoming critical. You can't talk to anyone "in Government". They're all focused on the 2010 Olympic Games and spending billions of taxpayer dollars to make things "look nice" for the world.

???

Yep. That's what I've been dreading as well. It seems he has "issues" with one particular poster there that I have a great deal of respect for. It seems he's become Bass' latest "target".

Aux contraire, mon ami. Things would "change" rapidly if he backed off and comes clean. I realize that's not going to happen. It would give too much "ammo" to his major detractors particularly as he can't keep his yap shut for long (as has often been demonstrated in the past).

Nope. I don't expect anything of the sort. He can't "post proof" because he has none. He LIES. He's good with Italian suppositories. And he's expert at deceiving people. And I don't think he "expects" me to post my real name, either.

It's dishonest. Deceitful. A lie. I won't go there. I'll leave that to "Mike" and his ilk.

Then change the channel. Unless Bass has stolen the batteries for your remote... Gasp!! I think I just came up with some "new material"... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

In line (again).

"Flames" usually involve lies, innuendo and other nasty shit.

I think Frank found out "different" too. They don't give a shit.

Some of us would rather not go there.

I haven't seen anyone here claim "they harmed his business", except Bass.

And if he's got lipstick on his ass and it happens to be your shade, you're going to deny that too, right? :)

Ummmm... I wouldn't say that. For every "newbie" that posts into the group, it would be nice for someone to point out the people to avoid. Bass posts here for one reason. Should he be given "special treatment" because he happens to advocate for DIY in a forum of security professionals? I think (in a large part) he gets what he deserves. As you sow, so shall ye reap.

Oh please. The "kissy-kissy-make-nice-to-Bass-show" will continue after these messages...

Really? Well, I do agree. His posts usually have a "target", but "rightfully so"? I don't think so.

I agree. And there are people who question his veracity as well. Bass seems to think asking for proof is a "personal attack" or a prelude to "a fight". Do you think so too?

Like I said the ratio's about 8 or 9 to one.

Yes, I have. Frank's agreed with him.

I wouldn't go near Bass' bed for a million dollars.

How about as many times as Bass brings it up? Check all the posts in the last few months. You should be directing this statement at Bass, not me or Frank (Olson).

I know for a fact that Frank doesn't swing that way.

Not to many newbies (like myself). Frank actually suggested I have a look at the group. I did for several months but didn't post any responses. And like Frank, I thought Bass was getting a raw deal at first. Frank sent me some links and I spent some time Googling.

This is a Newsgroup. Now if that employee was posting such nonsense on _my time_, I certainly would. If he also referenced the company I would also be a tad concerned, but not overly much. I would think the people we hire have some common sense and won't use their real names or post company information.

From whom? Some asshole in Usenet?? C'mon, Tom.

Not without something called "due process". To dismiss someone here, you pretty well have to have some solid reasoning or Labour Standards will be down your throat before you can say "Bass is an Ass".

Like I said, you're filing a complaint on someone that isn't even in your state. I'm pretty sure that there's two piles for complaints. One's for people _in_ the state, and the other's got a big "G" on the side and is "bin" shaped.

Well I sure would care if someone untrained got the downloading software for a Mircom FX-2000 or and Edwards EST-3. TG that will never happen (at least in Canada).

Read what I said again. I simply suggested you take it elsewhere. The whole thing makes some of us kinda "queasy".

Reply to
FIRETEK

Reply to
I brive a dus

That's why you've hidden behind an alias for so many years.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
I brive a dus

Heh...

I'll do that when I have some time.

A giant leap for slugdom.

That's completely different. Did you enjoy the mega-bytes of useless html coding and catalogue sheets Bass posted?

Yep. What's his "usual response" to people offering to make peace with him? He tells them they have to "make nice" while he continues to abuse them.

Nope. That's not what I saw. Bass broke the peace. You were one of the first to hoist the flame flag.

Is that what this is all about? The "calm" before the next flame fest. I sincerely hope not.

I've never lied. I honestly don't know what happened. I was climbing the sucker, the top slipped sideways down a support web and contacted some 600 volt wires coming out of a large connector box mounted on the ceiling. There was a big "flash" above me and the next thing I knew I was flat on my back looking up at my partner. It happened over ten years ago and those particular memory cells have probably succumbed (to a nice single malt).

Well, "yeah".

And I'm gettin' too old for this too.

They had a break from the guy last weekend. His Grandma and I decided to put them up in the honeymoon suite at the Pan Pacific. Only thing is they came out looking even more tired then when they went in... But I do recall they both wore stupid grins... And who knows... In about nine months we might just have a grand-daughter (like the other Frank). The old rocker we saved from when both our kids were his age got a work out and I forgot how comfortable it is to fall asleep in. :-)

Can't. He doesn't "speak" to me. And when he does, it usually starts out with "bullfrank".

I'm a prince among men. The diamond in the "maneur" of ASA. The shining light you see just before the locomotive nails your ass...

Yep... Another one of your "stories"... :-)

It's all I can do to "fund" the gas for my Navigator.

Sorry... I had to swab out my eyes out with a roll of tissue on the end of a broom handle dipped in a nice single malt.

The only difference is we all really luv the guy.

No one blames "ASA" for the turmoil. Most just blame "you know who".

Nope.

No one really needs to know my name or the company I own. I don't sell anything in here. I'm here for the "kicks and giggles" and if I can help out someone, then so much the better.

I've got plenty of reason. And I don't forget.

I guess that means he's down to wearing just one of his Colts.

That's a pretty tall order. I've never wished the man ill (or his family). The fact that he continues to promote ridiculing people with mental handicaps and is still actively involved in his other "pursuits" doesn't make me feel in the least "charitable" towards him. Kissing the rabbit is a lot more "do-able" at the moment.

I always figured you to be the "clapper" sort of guy.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
I brive a dus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.