Airlines Give In-Flight Entertainment Options an Update [telecom]

From Wi-Fi to "Game of Thrones" to touch-screen remotes, new options for passengers explode as the digital age comes to the cabin.

With more in-flight entertainment than ever, the longest flights can often seem short these days. On a recent trip to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific, for example, I could build a list of video favorites from more than 100 movies, with options ranging from new Oscar nominees like "American Sniper" and "Mr. Turner" to classics like "Casablanca."

Late in the 14-hour flight, as I started watching the documentary "Life Itself," about the film critic Roger Ebert, the system alerted me that I wouldn't have time to finish the two-hour movie before landing. I was still watching when the plane came to a full stop at the arrival gate.

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

On a flight from North Carolina to Rhode Island on Friday, they announced that the airplane had WiFi and that we could purchase the service. Then, when they came around selling booze, I realized that the WiFi also gave the salespeople the capability to scan credit cards and get online approvals in real time.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.