But for now the auto cancel

Then you'd get a cancel anytime you disarm it, not good

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

btw, dialer delays are annoying.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Get used to it, by the beginning of next year all panels must follow the new SIA standards which mandate dialer delays that cannot be programmed out of the system. And the wonderful exit alarm...recent closings.....minimum 30 second entry delay......etc

I will feast on your pain :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've never used dialer delay. I want to know what happening and it's a REAL pain in the butt trying to explain to the old farts out there...why didn't we call when my alarm went off??!!! What alarm?

So then the SIA thing will give the bad guys 45 secs to enter a delay door

30+15 dialer delay...that sucks...effectively puts 15 sec response delay on everything. Will 15 sec dialer delay effect panic, hold up and fire too??? If so I see lotsa liability there.

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

no delay on panic buttons.

Reply to
Don

No its burg only

If you really want info just go to Honeywell's site and download the Vista-15P/20PSIA manuals if they have them, you'll see what I mean.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I do 15P's fairly often, I have noticed that it's defaulted for dialer delay, but it can be changed. Are you saying it's gonna be changed then?

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't see how it can be, UL systems won't allow a dial delay AFAIK.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Version 5 lets you remove that by adding the zone into zone list 6, in other words you CAN remove it but it will be more of a pain than its worth getting rid of it

ITI has had one for years now, DSC added it in the 5020 and the new v3.2

5010 and as stated earlier Caddx now has it.

closings.....minimum

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It can and will by every manufacturer

Reply to
Mark Leuck

NOT having a choice really sucks. We have our own set of false alarm reduction procedures that I find more effective than delaying transmission of a signal.

| >

| > | > | >

| > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The way I read the V20PSIA manual, the instant zones dial delay will follow the entry delay time set in entrance delay 1. However, there is a note that reads this can be overridden by using a configurable zone type in section 6 set it to no delay.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Same for GE. It can be changed to no delay under 'zone type characteristic select'. guess I jumped the gun a bit.

Reply to
Don

Ever done a configurable zone? Its not fun

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Actually no, I havn't.

Reply to
G. Morgan

So then that means that every zone is going to have to have and option to cancel the delay ...... as every zone potentially can be used for a panic button. Even if it's linked to the the choice of using the painc SIA or Contact ID code ......all you'd have to do is choose 4/2 format to get around the delay. ...... It'll be interesting to see how they get around it.

Reply to
Jim

It's not all that hard. The hard part was talking to tech support in India

4x until I got a tech I could understand!

| >> >

| >> >> >

| >> >> >I do 15P's fairly often, I have noticed that it's defaulted for dialer | >> >> >delay, but it can be changed. | >> >> >Are you saying it's gonna be changed then? | >> >>

| >> >>

| >> >> I don't see how it can be, UL systems won't allow a dial delay AFAIK. | >> >>

| >> >> -- | >> >

| >> >It can and will by every manufacturer | >> >

| >>

| >> The way I read the V20PSIA manual, the instant zones dial delay will | >> follow the entry delay time set in entrance delay 1. However, there | >> is a note that reads this can be overridden by using a configurable | >> zone type in section 6 set it to no delay. | >

| >Ever done a configurable zone? Its not fun | >

| | Actually no, I havn't. | | -- | | -Graham | (remove the double e's to email)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Ah, hello my friend :-)) how may I aggravate you.......

Reply to
Russell Brill

Where are you? "Texas"...no you're not my friend...I can tell.

| >

| > | >> >

| > | >> >> >

| > | >> >> >I do 15P's fairly often, I have noticed that it's defaulted for | > dialer | > | >> >> >delay, but it can be changed. | > | >> >> >Are you saying it's gonna be changed then? | > | >> >>

| > | >> >>

| > | >> >> I don't see how it can be, UL systems won't allow a dial delay | > AFAIK. | > | >> >>

| > | >> >> -- | > | >> >

| > | >> >It can and will by every manufacturer | > | >> >

| > | >>

| > | >> The way I read the V20PSIA manual, the instant zones dial delay will | > | >> follow the entry delay time set in entrance delay 1. However, there | > | >> is a note that reads this can be overridden by using a configurable | > | >> zone type in section 6 set it to no delay. | > | >

| > | >Ever done a configurable zone? Its not fun | > | >

| > | | > | Actually no, I havn't. | > | | > | -- | > | | > | -Graham | > | (remove the double e's to email) | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Honeywell/Ademco's tech support is in Tennessee, I know people think southerners talk funny but .....

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.