Using a PDA for programming ?

Just wondering if anyone has tried using a PDA for programming. Since my company won't spend $3000 for a nice small laptop, I am looking for any information. (it sucks walking around NYC with a 6 lb laptop stuck in my tool bag, LOL)

I would be using a PDA for Call Pilot 150, BCM, and another system that has a rs232 comport.

Thanks

Reply to
Kenw
Loading thread data ...

You can use PocketPC (just about any version) or Palm to establish a web connection to both the BCM and the Call Pilot. All you need to do is connect your PDA to the network, either thru wi-fi or an ethernet adaptor connected to your PDA. As far as the RS-232 is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if there are serial port cards available that are supported by your PDA -- then all you need to do is find a terminal emulation program that is compatible with your PDA.

Jephph

Reply to
ComNews

I did find serial port cards. Might give it a try.

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

Why use a serial connection? If it's got Callpilot, it's got an ethernet connection that you can rlogin to - maybe.....

Reply to
Bob

I also work with another system that is not Nortel

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.