Nortel e-Mobility AP-4121 Password Reset

Hi,

I have been given a Nortel e-Mobility AP-4121 (rebadged Symbol one). The admin password has been reset and I can't find out any way of reseting the password. Using the serial connection I managed to get it's IP address but it won't respond to pings so I am stuck. Any ideas?

Mark

Reply to
Atari_mark
Loading thread data ...

The reset procedure for these requires that you short a pair of pins on the serial console connection during powerup. I *think* it's pins two and three, but you should be able to get docs off of symbol's web site.

Reply to
Frank Sweetser

Thanks, I tried that and it didn't work :( I can't find any reference to reseting it to default anywhere in the documents.

Mark

Reply to
Atari_mark

Ok I fixed it.

As you say about pins 2 & 3.

1) Turn the AP off 2) Short out pins 2&3 3) Turn the AP on and let it boot for 30 seconds 4) Turn the AP off 5) Remove the short from pins 2&3

This will reset the password but leave the other information in the AP. On the Nortel variety the password is reset to "Nortel"

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Atari_mark

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.