Locking autodial on 3900 nortel phones

Is there any way to make a phone call using an autodial on any 3900 hundred phone without having to push a line button first? If this is not possible, can I program all autodial and then lock it so that user do not change what is allredy program on the phone? Please help

Reply to
Frank_232
Loading thread data ...

How can i lock autodial allredy programmed on any 3900 Nortel phones? I don't want users to change what is allreday programmed on the phone. if this is not possible, is there any way to make a call using an autodial without pushing a line to get dialtone? Please help

Reply to
Frank_232

How can i lock autodial allredy programmed on any 3900 Nortel phones? I don't want users to change what is allreday programmed on the phone. if this is not possible, is there any way to make a call using an autodial without pushing a line to get dialtone? Please help

Reply to
Frank_232

Reply to
Frank_232

Reply to
Frank_232

You're looking for a hotline. It goes:

KEY 00 HOT D XXXX

HTH, HAND

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Pratt

Use HOT D instead of Autodial.

Program it like this:

Key xx HOT D 11 98887776666

"11" is for the number of digits. If your HOT D number is internal and you use four digit DNs it would be something like:

Key xx HOT D 4 1234

Good luck.

Reply to
RonB

I guess my memory's not perfect... I forgot number of digits.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Pratt

I completely forgot those digits until recently, when I had to build some HOT D phones and looked it up in the manual. I don't know about most people, but I hardly ever used the feature where I worked.

Reply to
RonB

Reply to
Frank_232

You could also try...

KEY 00 CH D 12 9XXX-XXX-XXXX

Felix

Jeff Pratt wrote:

Reply to
felix.siquijor

You might look at a System Speedcall as well. That will allow you to set up predifined numbers that people can call and manage it from the back end.

Here is a Meridian PBX Crash Course Programming Guide:

formatting link
There is info on how to set up a speedcall list in there.

Good Luck!

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
3z3k3l

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.