i2004 to BCM50 Problems

Having acquired some older (warranty date on units says 2003) i2004 handsets trying to connect them to our BCM50 but whilst it connects to server doesn't ask for password just sits there with just default time and date (i.e. not real one from server), BCM Monitor shows it connected but I guess as no password is supplied it can't be configured, any thoughts or advice?

Reply to
Glenn Cameron
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
XBarNone

Do the phones have the latest version of firmware installed...?

Reply to
Ray

Possibly not, but not sure how to force a firmware download when the communication seemingly stalls. These are NTEX00BA sets Release 003 from a couple of years ago. I've even tried removing registration password but don't seem to get any fuurther so any suggestions welcome! I'm wondering if there is some incompatibility I'm unaware of?

Reply to
Glenn Cameron

Doesn't seem to be related to licences on the BCM as can connect newer phones and de-register fine so can't see there's a problem in that sense on the BCM.

Reply to
Glenn Cameron

Have you tried running with static IP configuation on the sets

You could also try this Look under Global Options on the DHCP home or root tab

you should have a nortel IP window that has this entry

Nortel-i2004-A,xxx.xxx.x.xx:7000,1,255;xxx.xxx.x.x:7000,1,255.

notice on mine I've changed the last setting to 255, that's the retry timer

255 is the max amount of retry time.

(the xxx are the IP address of your BCM. change to match if needed.)

Reply to
XBarNone

Yes, tried DHCP and static but no difference just sits there with date and time.

XBarN> Have you tried running with static IP configuation on the sets

Reply to
Glenn Cameron

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.