How do I add Caller-ID to this system?

SP: 30NTE02 DR5

On this system we also have a Nortel Flash voicemail system. I don't know exactly what version it is, I'm unsure of what to press on the phone to find out.

We've never had caller id service form the telco, but they are adding it as part of our new contract. I thought that as long as they are offering the service, I'd enable it on my phone system.

What parts do I need in order to achieve this? My recollection when I purchased it was that it was supposed to work w/ Caller ID. But I've done a little googling and found that there is a CII module? And I don't know if I can use a CII module if I already have the Flash Voicemail.

Also, does the caller ID really help much? We don't have a receptionist and we all answer phones no matter where we are. I was kinda hoping that the caller ID would shop up on each of the phones. But it seems you can only assign it to one phone?

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
cgallery
Loading thread data ...

BTW, if it helps, the manual for configuring this system says it is a Compact DR5.

Also, I don't know if caller ID is actually turned on at the telco yet. But if I hit F811, I can get "No calls" (if I don't have any incoming calls) or "Line 1" (if I'm calling in w/ my cell phone). So I don't know if this means my system already has caller ID built-in and I just have to wait for the telco to get it enabled or what.

Like I said the dealer told me it supported caller ID already. But most of my DR5 research indicates a CII is required. But additional research indicates the CII doesn't work w/ compact systems.

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
cgallery

Your system (also refered to as 6x16) can't support caller ID with out adding an NT8B88 Caller ID module. The system and modules are long since discontinued.

Reply to
XBarNone

But available on the secondary market.

Reply to
David Hartung

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.