EAPOL in wired network.

Hi,

I am trying to enable EAPOL in one of the ports (port no 19) of Baystack 425-24T switch. I am using RADIUS server for authentication. When I validate key between switch and RADIUS server it is getting through.. so I feel there is no problem in communication between switch and RADIUS server.

In switch I am using the following configuration :

BS425_24#show radius-server Primary Host: 172.20.84.85 Secondary Host: 172.20.84.85 Port: 1645 Key: ImtiEAPOL

BS425_24#show eapol port 19 EAPOL Administrative State: Enabled Admin Admin Oper ReAuth ReAuth Quiet Xmit Supplic Server Max Port Status Auth Dir Dir Enable Period Period Period Timeout Timeout Req

---- -------- ---- ----- ---- ------ ------ ------ ------ -------

------- ---

19 F Unauth No Both Both Yes 3600 60 30 30 30 2 BS425_24#

When i connect a laptop(Windows 2000 prof) in port 19, it is not getting connected to the network also I am not being challenged for EAPOL authentication.

Is any special setup to be done in laptop or any changes to be made in switch configuration?

regards, Thiyagu.

Reply to
Thiyagu
Loading thread data ...

Windows 2000 does not support EAPoL unless you upgrade to service 3 (or maybe 4). Once you upgrade, you might still need to start the wireless configuration service before you see the 'Authentication' tab show up in your network properties. Hope this helps.

-mike

Thiyagu wrote:

Reply to
Michael Roberts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.