2616 goes into speaker mode

We have a few 2616s that automatically go into speakerphone mode while engaged on a call.

We've swapped the sets and completely rebuilt them in the PBX - but - they keep doing it.

Any ideas - our local channel partner has no ideas and I don't really think he's getting much help from Nortel.

Thanks in advance.

You can post here and reply directly to me.

snipped-for-privacy@monmouth.edu

Reply to
Comcast
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried replacing the line card or moving to a different TN?

Reply to
Sooner

How far from the switch are the sets? Are the sets bridge tapped on the cable? If you listen to the cable pair with a butt set, what do you hear? - Nice clean TCM (the high pitch tone with hiss), or nasty hum and noise. Use LD 77 to print the SSD messages from the sets in question. See if you get alot of random messages when the set is idle. Are all the sets that are doing this in the same general area - could be getting blasted with RF or static electricity. What release and switch (11c, 51c, etc)? Do an ISSP in

22, and I'll see what patches you're missing. Cut and paste it to me in an email. Do the sets only do this when in use, or do they come to life with dialtone when they're idle? Are they programmed as normal sets, or as ACD sets?

Reply to
Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.