DVD player on HDTV question

hi I just bought an HDTV (an insignia 26" widescreen) a best buy brand, not a bad TV for 400 bucks though much better than my crappy 19" samsung, but I digress. had some questions about DVD's. are there certian DVD's or have a hi-def feed? (without having to use an upconvert type DVD player for say

720P or 1080i) or right now with regular DVD's do you need to have a an upconvert DVD player (that upconverts from 480i to 720P or 1080i) I'm looking at the zenith upconvert DVD player seems to be a good value, can get it for 99 bucks on Ebay as a refurb (with the old firmware that lets you do upto 1080i through component, no DVI on this TV) last question, this TV has 2 component inputs and since I got a hi-def cable box and teh DVD player I want to hook up my Xbox ot this, so I'll need a switchbox I imagine. do i need to buy a component switch box? or could I use a composite one? and if so, any idea where I cna get one cheap (with 3 or 4 ports on it?) thanks so much any other recomendations that you could give to help me out would be appreciated.
Reply to
Dr Nick
Loading thread data ...

There are currently no High Def DVD's. HD-DVD is coming out next year

and Sony's Blu-Ray is another year away. How popular they become is yet

to be seen. There's a large inventory of conventional DVD's out there

and folks may sit this one out.

As far as selectors goes Radio Shack has one but it's not cheep. Look

here:

formatting link

Reply to
yustr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.