Marantz SR-18 - No Sound!

Hi Group - I have a Marantz SR-18 that I have had for about 5 years. It is the heart of my home theater system and I use it daily. Today I was watching a DVD which is connected with a COAX digital cable. I was thumbing thru the chapters, selected one, and no sound! I thought it may be something with the DVD itself, so I switched over to my DSS and no sound from it either. I even put it in setup test mode for adjusting the speaker levels, no sound at all there either.

I've unplugged it for a while, no change. I've switched the power off at the receiver (not with remote) and this resets all of the settings I had saved, kinda odd, but it has been like this since I got it. Sortof a "reboot" if you will, no change.

I'm stumped! It was working fine, no pop, no hiss, no kind of abnormality at all. Could something have gone bad, just like that??? And all channels at once? I do not own headphones or I'd try to listen thru the headphone jack.

Any ideas???

Reply to
ultim8528i
Loading thread data ...

You've pretty much eliminated the possibility of the problem being anywhere other than in the amplifier section. Also, this happened on it's own, without any wrong button-pushing by you, I gather. Well, you've done the only other thing you could have known to do, unless there is a warning sign(kind of like an error message) this thing gives off as indicated by the instruction manual. Make sure your speakers didn't just pop off(Speaker A, B, A+B, etc.); but I'm sure you already did. It just might be time to take it in for service or a new one, if you like. Sorry and good luck.

Reply to
nselson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.