Xtb 240v

Hi Jeff

Any news on how the 240v version of your XTB is going ????

Thanks Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden
Loading thread data ...

Hi Frank,

I'm not sure. One unit went to a fellow in England. It works with the X10 modules similar in appearance to those that we have here in North America. However, the newer 240V X10-2 modules sold by a firm in Hong Kong did not work with it. We are trying to understand the difference.

Another fellow who posts here regularly modified the XTB kit version for

240V, and that apparently is working fine. While this conversion is feasible, the higher voltage capacitors are a squeeze, and the standard 120V North American connectors must be dealt with. Perhaps the answer is to use a blank case and drill a hole to splice it into a 240V extension cord.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Volp

Hi Jeff

standard 120V

cord.

When you say a squeeze are you referring to mounting the caps on the pcb or fitting it into the housing ??? or both....

If its just a housing issue i would like to purchase a 240v 50hz kit and try it out with Homevision ..... Thanks Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

They do fit inside the housing, but don't quite seat down onto the board. It's those red guys in the far left corner of the photo included in the XTB description. There just wasn't enough room to provide alternate pads at the correct lead spacing for 630V caps.

I don't have all the components for 240V 50Hz kit at this time, but we can probably work something out if you would contact me directly through the address on the XTB page.

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Volp

Thanks Jeff

Have send you an email

Regards Frank Mc

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.