Cisco 6509 at 240V?

Anyone know if its ok to run the 6509's 6000W power supplies at 240V instead of 208V? (Or 120V)? This ancient building has 120/240V just like your house. I'd like to use high voltage PDUs for the racks but am unsure where i see specs of "100V-240V".

Some hp servers (DL380) say they are "rated" at 100-240V and then have "acceptable" ranges of like 90-268V. And then some other don't. Is the "rated" voltage just an inclusive list of the usual 100, 110, 120,

220, 208, 240V specs we usually see?

The Cisco specs just say 100-240V. Can I assume it can safely drift up to to 250V or higher as would normally be encountered at an outlet of this specification. (This is on a 20KVA UPS so it shouldnt tho!)

Thanks,

J
Reply to
Joey
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
Make

Reply to
Joey

Reply to
Joey

they are approved for use with a UK power cord, and we have 240v nominal here

although the spec for offical UK power changed a couple of years ago by increasing the nominal range to be "compatible" with european standard 220v, they didnt actually change anything in the power grid and 240v +/- some %age is still what you really get.

Reply to
stephen

Yeah, Thanks... I've been finding that the "rating" means you can use it at outlets that are said to be at that specific voltage.... (100,

120, 240V etc)

Different from a "true" range of acceptable voltages which one might find with a meter and which I really shouldn't be too concerned about :)

J

Reply to
Joey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.