X10 Dimmer with Low Voltage Track Lighting

I am a little confused. Your lights are fed by 110v so you do have a neutral. Dimming the transformer for the LV lights can be problematic. Will the transformer accept less than line voltage? I have not worked on LV lights in a long time nor do I want to. Check with the track manufacture to see what they recommend for dimming.

Reply to
SQLit
Loading thread data ...

I've seen quite a few topics on this in general, but I think I have a different situation. My track lighting is low voltage, but the tracks are at 110V. Each of the lights individually have their own transformers. I have a SwitchLinc RX that I can not get to work with them. I was told by SmartHome that I need to have a neutral wire, so their RX line of switches won't work (even though their web page says they will). It'd be quite a job to add a neutral line, so does anyone know of any X10 dimmers that will work with my particular track lighting without having a neutral wire? Thanks for any suggestions!

Reply to
mindseye1

I have line (black) and load (brown) wires, but no neutral (white) wire. I guess the terminology may be different, but my house is 50 years old so all I have is the two wires running everywhere.

What I am look>

Reply to
mindseye1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.