X-10 Switch Question

I am somewhat new to all this so pardon what may be a dumb question...

I just ordered and received one WS14A/XPSS and two XPS-3 20 amp light switches. I just took them out of the box and was trying there switch action out. I expect the switch to have a solid toggle back/forth like the Leviton switches elsewhere in my house. But they do not seem to actually rock back/forth. It seems to only move on the side opposite the little LED. Before I go ahead and install these, can anyone confirm that this is how they are supposed to operate? It seems reasonable but maybe a little unexpected/odd.

Thanks.

Reply to
David White
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
David White

No problem. Leviton and others do make a higher priced line of X10 switches that have "true rocker action" so they are available if you prefer them and don't mind paying a bit more.

formatting link

David White wrote:

Reply to
BruceR

The higher end Leviton true-rocker switches with "Intellisense" have been

100% reliable over the last 5 years. However, there may be a couple of places those cheaper "push-on push-off" switches may be convenient. Often I go into my pitch-black workshop (no windows) with only an elbow free. Trying to hit the upper half takes a good aim.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Volp

"a bit more"?

Going from $12.95 to $54.95 is a lot more!...LOL

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.