What switch is this

X-10 used to have a face module that plugged into a base module that mounted in place of a wall switch. This module had 4 buttons and 4 LED's that would listen on the line and indicate if a module was on/off and of course control that particular module also. As far as I remember it did not do any dimming just monitored and controlled 4 modules. Does anyone recall the X-10 part number for the base and face module...... TKS.

Reply to
Gene
Loading thread data ...

Leviton 16400 is what you're taking about. There are interchangeable plates to let you configure the switch for 1,2,3 or 4 unit codes as well as dim/bright and all on/off. The earlier model were the 16300 series which looked the same but didn't work very well and prior to that the

6300 series. X10 Pro also has a version that they license from leviton (even though X10 makes them for Leviton). Far superior to that product is the Switchlinc Wall Controller which is both X10 and Insteon compatible. Where the Leviton stuff is limited to one house code and 4 consecutive unit codes, the Switchlinc allows any button to be programmed to any house and unit code and has the added benefit of being able to act as a load controlling switch itself.
Reply to
BruceR

Greetings BruceR, Could you give me the model number for the Switchlinc Wall Controller as I don't seem to be able to locate it on the X-10 or Smarthome webpage. TKS... G

Reply to
Gene

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.