WebBased X-10 Server ?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a X-10 home automation software to build a dedicated server to control my house. I'm using X-10 devices all across the house. I will also use satellite stations (Laptops) that need to access server (thats why webbased server would be useful)

Features I'm looking for are the following:

- Web Based interface/Web server

- Working with CM11A controller

- Linux or Windows or Dedicated

- Need programmable macro to react to different trigger

Beside Mr.House, any suggestions? Ive been searching the web for the past 7 months without finding the perfect software.

Thx to all of you.

SiO

Reply to
SiO
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thx, but yes I did check this one out. This software is more of a complete Multimedia manager then a concentrated Home Automation software.

One software I did like but that is now off market is the XION. Im looking for something of that type.

formatting link
Any other suggestions? What are you guys using at home?

Reply to
SiO

HEYU is a full-featured command-line Linux program for X10 automation with a CM11A.

I understand some folks use the PUTTY SSH client under Windows or Linux for accessing it over the Internet.

Regards, Charles Sullivan (Heyu developer)

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

BTW, here's a PHP based web interface for Heyu that's under development:

(I haven't tried it myself.)

Regards, Charles Sullivan

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

Well, for an "entirely geeky" solution, take a look at MisterHouse

formatting link
It can do a lot of what you are looking for, out of the box -- and a lot more. If you can learn a little Perl, you can get it to do almost anything you need.

Check out the "features" page.

Reply to
NoSuchPerson

Thx to all.

Heres a nno-related question. I found this link using google:

formatting link
This is the web version of this post. How-come there are more post on the web version then there are in the newsgroup version?

Thx

Reply to
SiO

You might want to check out Homeseer (below). It has a lot of features and user support, but does have a price. If you want to go cheap, you could start with the free apache webserver, and make some a simple cgi application to work with the CM11a.

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

It has to do with how things propagate across the Internet. The Google server (what you called "the web version") is higher up the food chain, involving fewer transfers, than your ISP's news server. Or, looked at another way, Google's server is attached at the backbone while your ISP's server is a peripheral nerve in one of your toes and there are many more synapses between it and the backbone.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Its probably due to the retention rate, there is no single "newsgroup version", each usenet newsgroup provider offers a limited amount of storage space to store messages, when this space is used up older messages are purged from the server. Some newservers will spool messages off after a few days, others will hold them for several weeks. Google archives them indefinitely

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.