Web Server Appliance

I am looking for a web server appliance. Something small and simple with a serial and ethernet port. I do not want to run a PC full time and I thought this would be a better solution.

Jim

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

There's "small and simple" and there's "small and simple". You need to provide a bit more details about how you plan to use it.

The picoFlash from...

formatting link

and the xPort from...

formatting link
I am looking for a web server appliance. Something small and simple

Reply to
Dave Houston

I want it to act as a gateway for my X10 devices. The web server will provide a single status / control page of the X10 devices in my home. I will connect this to my router and with a WiFi Palm, call up the page and be able to issue On/Off, check status, etc.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

I'm not aware of anything that is low-cost that doesn't require programming. The picoFlash would be my choice.

There are a couple of devices that have an ethernet port and are dedicated to X-10 but both were rather costly for what they do. Try search>I want it to act as a gateway for my X10 devices. The web server

Reply to
Dave Houston

The JDS Stargate uses a Rabbit board to provide a gateway to the internet. Maybe that could work for you.

formatting link

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.