Substitute Hardware/Software for Audiotron?

I would like to have a music system on my home PC network similar to the discontinued Audiotron AT-100 unit. Objective is the same: to be able to locate and play any music file on any of the 4 PCs I have networked wirelessly at home through my stereo system. Streaming Internet radio is a plus but not absolutely essential, and price should be below $150 which is what used Audiotrons are selling for on EBay. I would appreciate any suggestions on what hardware/software replacements are currently available. Thanks.

Reply to
franzen_torres
Loading thread data ...

Without a doubt I would recommend the Squeezebox 2 from Slim Devices

formatting link
High quality audio components, and nice features including streaming internet radio, optional wi-fi, and free server software for your PCs. Brand new it lists for $199, a little over your target price, but you can get them within your target price used
formatting link

Reply to
Mark Thomas

In addition to Mark's recommendation, you should also look at the Roku Soundbridge. They have three models available and the cheapest one is selling for $149 (after rebate) from their web site. The only difference between the three models is the quality of the display. I believe all other features are the same.

formatting link

Reply to
jim.griffin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.