Security Cameras (IP-based)?

Are there any recommendations for low to moderately priced security cameras that can be accessed via IP? I'm building a house and would like to be able to check progress online while I'm at work. I'm hoping to have 2 to 4 cameras. What setups have worked well for you? Also, it would be nice if at least one of the cameras had a pan feature that could be controlled from the web? Anything like that in this price range?

--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------

------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------

-= Get GrabIt for free from

formatting link
=-

Reply to
Les
Loading thread data ...

: Are there any recommendations for low to moderately priced security cameras that : can be accessed via IP? I'm building a house and would like to be able to chec : k progress online while I'm at work. I'm hoping to have 2 to 4 cameras. : What setups have worked well for you? : Also, it would be nice if at least one of the cameras had a pan feature that cou : ld be controlled from the web? Anything like that in this price range?

I've got several of the Axis and D-link IP cameras. The Axis have better picture quality and speed, but cost about twice as much.

You can get outdoor enclosures for both systems.

The only IP pan and zoom camera I know of is the Panasonic HCM series, but I think they start around $400.00. I don't know of any outdoor enclosures for that line.

Reply to
User

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.