Project for hotel security -- might be something for CHA gurus

I have used them, they are very user unfriendly, and act alot like a PC more than a RTOS system. I cant stand their menu programming, it is similar to the lower end Everfocus units, and for the price of the DMs, you would expect more.

I have installed Kalatel DVRs past 4 years, and they are much better than DM.

I totally understand pricing of DVRs, i sell various options and they are listed on my web site. There is never one DVR for every application or job.

Like I said, if you are in the Uk, go for it, but if you are in the US there other high end RTOS DVRs to choose from; GE Kalatel, Bosch, Panasonic, and even March Networks and Sanyo.

Alot of alarm distributors are specing and selling DMs as that is either all they know, or DM is doing some good advertising. All my Florida Distributors have the same feeling, that DM is the best, they dont really know any other DVR though, plus they sell so much products, they really dont have much knowledge of CCTV to start with.

I have used alot of DVRs including DM, other high priced units, and cheap and mid range DVRs. We spent the past couple years just buying and testing DVRs, among some that we tested that were in the field.

For more info and reviews of all DVRs, visit

formatting link

Rory

Reply to
rory
Loading thread data ...

Another manufacturer of this type of product is Sentry Products, Inc. in the Bay area. Phone 408-727-1866.

Reply to
Fred

In today's Washington Post:

formatting link
Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter Jay Root provided more details of how Live-Shot.com works: "The system is pretty simple. The remote hunter can zoom in and out of the target area by operating remote cameras and has a control panel with four arrows in a circle and a 'fire' button in the middle. With a few mouse clicks, the hunter can swivel and fire a Remington Model 742 .30-'06 mounted on a pan-tilt motor," Root reported. Of course, he noted, "there has to be something to fire at ... For several hours in the morning and evening Saturday, Lockwood scoured a small swath of a ranch near Guadalupe River State Park for any sign of the black buck that Hagberg paid $1,300 for. If [Hagberg] doesn't shoot the animal before the end of August, when his Texas hunting license expires, Lockwood said, he'll refund the money."

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Heh... interesting article. I wonder if anyone's ever used one of those laser target designators slaved to a full motion camera. I can just imagine a perp's surprise when he sees one of those bright red dots on the front of his jacket and someone yells "freeze" over a loudspeaker. An even better "dot" would be the one they used on the "Preditor" movies.

Coroner: Yep... it's definitely a heart attack.

Sheriff: Tsk! I wonder what brought that on. Doesn't look like he was running or anything.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.