New HA - Security Install

We lost our home to a tornado and are in the process of rebuilding. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a HA controller and Security System. I had a Caddx NX8E and was using an ADI Ocelot for HA.

In particular I would like to know how users like the Elk M1G or Homevision Pro. Any idea what a decked out M1G with at least 32 zones of security runs?

Thanks for your comments.

John - SW Missouri

Reply to
jmj1492
Loading thread data ...

The M1 Rocks. There are a number of online retailers that you can purchase this from. Here's a list:

formatting link
You'll more than likely get change back from your million dollars too... ;-)

Some additional info regarding purchasing on-line:

formatting link
Good luck!

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

John,

Sorry to hear of your trouble. I wondered about you when I saw all the damage in your area on TV.

I can't comment knowledgably on the Elk as I'm not into security systems.

I do, however, recommend going with Insteon rather than X-10 when you rebuild. I believe Elk has a serial adapter that will work with the SmartHome 2414S serial interface for Insteon (which can also do X-10).

Send me your address and I'll send you an assembled roZetta prototype when it's ready.

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Reply to
Dave Houston

Dave - I responded to your email - but it bounced back.

John

Reply to
jmj1492

I'm an ELK authorized dealer. Following is current advertised pricing on the M1 system. There are usually non-advertised discounts available through our online store.

The ELK M1G "System 4" package includes the following: ELK M1G Gold Controller Power Transformer ELK-M1KP Custom English LCD Keypad ELK-1270 12-Volt, 8AH Backup Battery ELK Siren Speaker RJ31X Telephone Jack & Cord MAP: $599.93

The base unit comes with 16 input zones. To expand to 32 you need a model ELK-M1XIN M1 16 Zone Input Expander. MAP: $71.36

There are lots of optional add-on boards available. In compliance with ELK's MAP policy, the advertised prices on our website are the same as every other authorized dealer. There's currently a "non-advertised" $100 discount on M1 orders of $1000 or more.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The Elk is awesome. It's even more awesome if you use your PC as an alternate front-end for it. [or set it up so that you can use your cellphone/wifi pda/etc]

Check out CQC

formatting link
- a bunch of us are doing exactly that. Here's a thread on the forum where one of my fellow users describes his Security setup. [it's halfway down the page - he uses the same system for his home theater stuff too].
formatting link
Here's some cool & free graphics for it:
formatting link

Reply to
IVB

John,

I'm located out of Springfield and authorized Elk dealer. I even have it installed in my house.

Anyways I'm lucky and my house didn't have any damage.

But if your interesting in talking email me your phone number. I'm local and help out.

Reply to
Brian

John I can say that you can't go wrong buying from Brian@ Tech Home. He is a good guy and a great buisnessman. I have personally purchased items from him and he has always been very helpful and honest. I am not connected to or employed by Tech Home I am just speaking from past personal experience.

Reply to
BET

Brian's also a very nice guy. If I wasn't in the business I'd buy from him myself. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.