Napco-Gem-P3200 - Automation Interface

Hello-

I am trying to evaluate the best automation software for my new P3200. I currently have Quickloader working fine and I am able to control my x-10 devices and other relays. I have purchased the automation chip and pc-mini but am having the following issues-

HA-Wizard is unable to connect and ECS is unable to make a connection. I am unsure if this is a version issue or do I need to do something.

Thanks

Frank

Reply to
loops
Loading thread data ...

Frank,

The new P3200 does not support the HA upgrade. HA-Wizard is also outdated. Homeseer now has an in-house plug-in for Napco but it only works with the P9600.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Hi Robert-

Thanks for finally closing my battery issue. You have got to be kidding with the HA Upgrade. I did a lot of research and I was under the impression that the chip would do the trick? any ways around this? I just purchased the chip from you 3-4 weeks ago? How about ECS? What really does the upgrade do? Can I dump the bin from the chip and make any mods?

Frank

Reply to
loops

No problem.

I wish I was kidding. Napco decided not to continue supporting HA through the P3200. Current versions cannot be made to talk real-time to the PC, with or without the GEM-Automation Kit.

Nope. You need the P9600 and the GEM-RS232 Kit. I can take the GEM-AUTO kit back for credit toward the GEM-RS232 Kit but you'll need to e-Bay the used P3200 now that it's been in service.

That's why I'm willing to take it back for credit but I can't resell the used P3200 panel.

The automation kits all do the same thing. They enable the panel to communicate its status and all changes (door open, door closed, motion detected, system armed, etc.) to the PC or HA controller.

Probably but it won't make it do what you want.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

I am so happy to see how many people jump in here to offer ideas. Anyway to get some source code of Quickloader? I am currently just trapping the rs-232 protocal and will generate a similator based on the interface specification. Amazing how many interact when it comes to beating you up verse providing any usefull information. I am not looking for real time but a batch job will be fine.

Frank

Reply to
loops

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.