Looking for a source of Alarm Screens, or related info

I've heard about "Alarm Screens", which are window screens with conductive wire weaved in with the regular wire/plastic; you hook the conductive parts up to your alarm system. The idea is that if a Bad Guy tries to enter the premises via a screened-but-open window, tampering with the screen will raise the alarm.

Anyone know of any internet sources for the raw material, or other forms (custom-sized scr

Reply to
Steve C in Seattle
Loading thread data ...

Sorry, this message got away from me before it was completed. More below.

That should read: "Anyone know of any sources for complete screens, or for the raw material? Any advice related to the use of this kind of perimeter defense?"

Thanks in advance & sorry for the misfire.

- Steve

Reply to
Steve C in Seattle

Seems to me that someone once said... "Google is your friend."

formatting link

Reply to
FIRETEK

Although I sell lots of alarm and home automation stuff to DIYers, I don't carry alarm screens or supplies for them. However, I can highly recommend Safe-Vue Security Screens of Cranston, RI. Ask for Chuck. I'm away from my office at present so I looked up their number on Google. Try this: (401) 946-3340. Best of luck.

Regards, Robert L Bass Bass Home Electronics Online DIY Alarm & Automation Store

formatting link

Reply to
sales

Hi Robert,

I was pleased to see your HELPFUL response to Steve's request. As apposed to the earlier, snotty response about searching Google, your response was helpful and to the point. I also happen to be looking for alarm screen info, and YES had already searched Google without useful results. I will check out the site you mentioned. Thanks again for your input.

Dennis

snipped-for-privacy@bassburglaralarms.com wrote:

Reply to
Dennis

Strange took me 2 minute to find many place were they talk about/install/repair Alarm screen...

formatting link
Stop liking bAss ass,it wont help you now,or in anytime in the future,this pig just cant control himself and will always backstab anyone when its useful for him..

"Dennis" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Petem

So it's more important to you to be condescending than to share your experience, or to suggest one of the links you researched? THAT's what you're here for? To show everyone how special you are, and how amazing your Google skills are? Surely you must have something better to do with your day?

I guess the DIY market really *is* hurting the alarm installation industry, if this is how you guys pass your time.

A bunch of Google hits doesn't help someone looking for a recommended vendor, or answer the OP's request for advice about the use of the material.

He posted a question because he wanted a response from people who know what they're talking about, not because he's unable to work Google. Instead he gets responses from a bunch of ASA tools with ego problems.

I wish I knew something about alarm screens so that I could contribute to the Signal side of the ratio.

Reply to
E. Lee Dickinson

Lighten up, will ya? The guy specifically *asked* for online information regarding alarm screens. I don't think "FIRETEK" was being "snotty" and the link he posted certainly qualifed as an "answer". You guys are just plain weird.

Reply to
Frank Olson

guess he came to the wrong place then, heh.

Reply to
Bif

I reckon so!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Anybody that spends 30 hours and $500 to automate toasting bread qualifies as "weird".

Reply to
G. Morgan

You're welcome, Dennis. I don't know if he will sell directly to a DIYer (his business caters to professional installers) but is been willing to accomodate my DIY clients. If he asks you to go through a dealer, let me know and I'll try to help. As I mentioned earlier, I don't sell screens online. There are so many variables that we'd have to make significant modifications to the shopping cart to handle the sales.

Perhaps you can make arrangements with Chuck and I'll pass them on to you at cost. You'll have to assume responsibility for making the proper measurements and deciding where the leads and tampers go though that's not exactly rocket science.

Regards, Robert L Bass Bass Home Electronics Online DIY Security & Home Automation Store www. BassBurglarAlarms.com

Dennis wrote:

Reply to
sales

snipped-for-privacy@bassburglaralarms.com wrote: You'll have to assume responsibility for making the

Yea,any primate can be trained to do it, so you should have no trouble. Right Robt?

Reply to
Bif

Oh Jeeze... There's a giant fuckup waiting to happen.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Look like you do have a pretty good love affair with him..Too bad he wont make it..

By the way I don't care about diy,I am not a boss or own a company,and I make more then 60k a year for real security system service and installation,and one other thing,I never played with alarm screen cause they are not very popular in the north,mostly cause we keep our door and windows shut for almost 80% of the year,and we don't have that much people entering home's while we sleep...so I could not help the OP with an answer about a good or bad dealer,but the google search I did,gave me much more info then I wished and in about 10 minute of reading I found 3 article on different web site with direct links to alarm screen seller that they recommended cause they had a good service from them...

so in fact giving the but licker the link to the google search gave more info to OP then what bAss did,AND I KNOW bAss WONT MAKE A CENT ON REFERRAL TO A MAYBE BAD DUDE SELLING SHITTY ALARM SCREEN TO DIY..

better ask yourself what is behind every move of the bAss..

"E. Lee Dickinson" a écrit dans le message de news: ee7il1$5fh$ snipped-for-privacy@solaris.cc.vt.edu...

Reply to
Petem

"G. Morgan" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

and the one that automate a front door for 2.5k so that no one will have to touch anything for it to open,are they weird?

if so most of my customer are weird ;-)

Reply to
Petem

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

for a small fee of 150% of cost

As I mentioned earlier, I

for sure!!yeah! and Benedict the pope never said Hi Hitler!

You'll have to assume responsibility for making the

no, we know a monkey can be train to do it....

Reply to
Petem

Not if your customer is a grocery store.

Reply to
G. Morgan

"G. Morgan" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Ok now I get it! LOL

Reply to
Petem

Actually, "Steve" was kind enough to send me a "thank you" email (and I wasn't being "snotty" when I said "Google is your friend").

Reply to
FIRETEK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.