LampLinc programming obscurities

I've recently purchased a bunch of LampLinc 2000SHL3's. Offering Prset Dim levels is a real plus, but the programming documentation is pretty-bad/wrong. Checking with Smarthome wasn't any help; somewhat akin to going to Radio Shack. Checking this group's archives, apparently the instant transition from dim level 1 to 0, no matter what the ramp rate, is a nasty feature/failure of the design. They're still being sold -- does anybody use them, and successfully program them? The sheet says you can set the Advanced programming features using any X10 controller (e.g. SC503) that allows sending House/Unit and House/Command separately, but I conclude that's wrong. You have to be able to synthesize the preset-dim commands in order to do advanced programming. The main problem I'm having is interaction between the programming of Ramp Rate and Default On-Level. After setting a 3 min ramp, and a 100% On-Level, the On-Level is frequently only around 75% max. Has anyone put together "better documentation" for these? TIA Don

Reply to
blueflash
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.