x10 cm11a PLC 2000SHL question

Hi, I have a CM11A I use with the software it came with from X10. I recently purchased a PLC 2000SHL lamp module to get the 9 minute fade on rate. Unfortunately I need to be able to send extended codes to program it. It mentions I can use the maxi controller (I think that is what it is called) All I have are mini controllers and a CM11A. I assume I can use the CM11A to do it. Does anybody know how? Surely someone has programmed the extended codes on this before and can share how they did it. I'd rather not have to compile my own program just to send a few X10 codes to the 2000SHL once to program it. Thanks in advance

Reply to
autonut843
Loading thread data ...

I cannot find a manual for a "PLC 2000SHL" so I'm not sure how you set it. I don't think any of the 2000* modules respond to extended commands (64 level dim). Could you be confusing this with preset dim commands (32 level dim)? Most of the SmartHome modules respond to preset dim.

For a 9 min fade rate, the 2000STW manual says to turn on the lamp module from any controller, dim it to 0%, and tap the set button twice. You only need to send preset dim commands if you want to set it remotely.

You can send commands with the CM11A us>Hi,

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks for the response!

I googled 2000sls_web.pdf and it sent me to

formatting link
on page 4 it mentions "The Fade-On/Off is adjustable from .1 seconds to nine minutes. The factory default is about three seconds. It may be changed at the module or remotely. (See Advanced Primary Address programming for instructions on REMOTELY setting the Fade-On/Off Rate.) At the module, the Fade-On/Off: Adjustable from .1 to nine seconds:...

Further on down on page 5 under the Advanced primary Address Programming it mentions the following The LampLinc's Fade-On/Off rate and Default On-Level can be remotely set using a ControlLinc Duo (Smarthome #4071), a Maxi-Controller (#4020) or an equivalent transmitter capable of sending Housecode and Unit Code without ON or OFF. These procedures and all the following ones will not work with a transmitter that sends the address with a command. Transmitters in which one button is pressed to turn on or off a load will not work. ..... (and here is the table that can be used to program it up to 540 seconds.)

So, with the following

formatting link
for the CM11A I assume someone has created a simple program to send the commands to these modules to program them that way.

I'll try again to program it using the button and 0% bright but it seems like that would only give me a few seconds.

Thanks again

Reply to
autonut843

Sorry. I read that too quickly.

If your email address will allow you to receive a 2.7MB attachment I can send you a standalone application created with REALbasic that demonstrates most of the CM11A protocol (no EEPROM functions) that can send the commands you need.

However, the manual you found also says "(Alternatively, send BRIGHT or DIM signals to change the lamp's brightness to a comparable level.)". But you still need a way to send just addresses to lock it >Thanks for the response!

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks Dave, hmjunk31415 at hotmail dot com

Reply to
autonut843

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.