d-day

It's Usenet. I have dealt with this nonsense for ten years. I have seen samples of teh immaturity here. You ain't seen nothin' yet. You need a thicker skin.

Reply to
John J. Bengii
Loading thread data ...

You're corresponding with an individual that's trying to hand you a line. If you read his response to you about Dave it's word for word what Bass has been doing in other groups for years. Thicker skin?? Bass seriously needs an enema. He's so full of bullshit his eyes are brown.

Dave Houston is a "cantankerous old curmudgeon" who's been one of the more helpful posters in this (and other groups) concerning home automation and X-10. Bass' number one agenda in this group is to sell parts.

Reply to
Frank Olson

True, but Dave's way off base with this nonsense. And, as usual, you do nothing other than pile on to throw insults at Bass.

For some strange reason Dave's gotten a wild hare up his ass and just hates CF lighting. Who knows why, and who really cares anyway.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I know that "wild hare" as the easter Bunny.

Looks like I have entered the world of comp.home.kindergarten here. Why should this group be any different.

Everybody on this side of the line is great.

Anybody on the other side is stupid.

LOL

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Well..well..well... If this ain't the POT calling the KETTLE BLACK.

Let's have a look at some of your whoppers:

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

Seems to me the one "throwing insults" is Bass. As usual. Everything I've stated is the truth. You have only to examine Bass' USENET history (links available on request).

I don't much like CFL lighting either. It's come a long way mind you. We have a couple of crystal chandeliers in our house. Somehow, I just don't think CFL's would look right in them.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Funny, I was just about to say something kind to you in ASA. Oh, well.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Kearney is one of the many folks here who flunked "reading and comprehension". I have nothing against CFL lighting and have never said it doesn't save electricity. CFLs have been available for more than 20 years and consumers have proven that they don't want them by giving them only a 5% market share. Now, they're being forced on eveyone.

My sole problem is with the numbers used by those who try to tell us it's going to make a big difference in combatting global warming. Anybody can do the math - it's about 5th grade level. I've posted statistics from DOE while the proponents have merely resorted to distortion, name calling and character assasination. At best, CFLs might reduce US electrical use by

5-6%. Electricity generation from coal accounts for about 40% of carbon dioxide emissions. The reduction will be wiped out by about one year's worth of normal growth in electricity use (which will most likely be generated by burning coal). Do the math.

There are other massive changes in lifestyle that will need to be made to deal with global warming and all the BS about CFLs saving the world is counter productive, merely postponing the inevitable.

formatting link
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

I have been slowly changing over to CFLs. After removing my 1600 watts of solar panel supplement, I find my bills even lower now with the CFL conversions. I am quite impressed.

However, everything comes with a tradeoff. The energy bill at my home is not the only factor. How much extra energy is taken to produce these alien shaped lamps? If the cost is any indication the energy savings, I may never break even, with the mercury I will be dispersing into the environment, from these environmental Molitov Cocktails screwed in everywhere.

The electrical utilities will hate them with the 3rd order harmonics they produce. Our utilities uses neutral reactors that will turn the currnt harmonics into voltage harmonics for the consumer on the system. See how your motors like the extra heating.

Reply to
John J. Bengii

You are one sick, mentally ill puppy!

Perhaps see a professional that can help you with that. I doubt you are a danger to children at this point but who knows what the future will bring.

formatting link

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Graham doesn't have anything to do with "Goofysplace". I don't know how much longer that site will stay up. The gentleman responsible for it is no longer with us.

Reply to
Frank Olson

WTF!!!!

You will be dispersing LESS mercury into the environment by using CFLs.

Unless you use dead CFLs as skeet pigeons the mercury will be contained in a landfill somewhere. MUCH less dangerous to the environment than the mercury contained in coal plant stack gases.

Conservation is good and CLFs conserve resources. Unfortunately it takes legislation to achieve conservation in most cases. It really does not matter what the final percentage of total conservation ends up being.

A watt saved is a watt saved.

Starting a thread equating conservation to doomsday is NOT helpful.

Reply to
Lewis Gardner

Unless it was an apology for lying to my boss and accusing me of a crime I don't care what you have to say.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Not my site. However, all the posts related to bAss can be verified on Google's archives.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I never lied to your boss -- only shared my concerns a *after* you went real life with me and posted my SSN in Usenet. His reply was that he was sorry that "our problem has become yours". He said he would look into the matter but also indicated (as others had already confirmed) your problems with absenteeism caused by alcoholism and drug addiction. Others who know you have said pretty much the same thing. One added that you argue with everyone around you (that wasn't exactly a surprise).

I used to tolerate your antics because I felt sorry for you. Remember the times you called me up in a drunken stupor late at night? I treated you with friendship when everyone else was posting insults at you for the stupid things you posted. You repaid me by jumping on the Olson bandwagon (I guess you thought it would win you a friend) and posting attacks. Only after you went RL did I respond. I did, however, warn you several times not to do it when you threatened to do so.

Well, you lost your job but that wasn't my fault. It was your own behavior, the same as the other nine jobs you lost in less than 10 years (cf: Texas alarm licensing website).

Graham, I've said this before and it still applies. If you'd stop and think before you act you'd get in a lot less trouble. Frankly, if you'd stop trying to "get even" with me for what you precipitated, you'd get slammed a lot less. Think about it. Does the pleasure of doing something mean make up for the thrashing? I don't really want to fight with you or anyone else but if you insist I promise to hit hard.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Crud. I meant to send this by email. Sorry, folks.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Another lie. You posted this little "oops" so your 'pals' here in CHA might overlook the fact that you're a downright nasty, manipulative miscreant. You had every intention of further trying to smear my name by re-posting the same old lies, then trying to cover it up by saying you meant to email me.... what bullshit. You are a loathsome criminal and a habitual liar and you probably smell bad.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Well, there's no doubt I'm smelly, but you're wrong about the rest. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I guess you are saying mercury in somebody else's backyard is OK then.

Maybe we can package the mercury up and use it >

Reply to
John J. Bengii

You run MS OE and should know how to use the cancel function to delete your post.

Hope you have a cheap lawyer. Been there, done that. The time was the worst part. A year and a half wasted.

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.