Computer Control over Leviton Green Series Components

Has anyone experience of controlling devices in the Leviton Green series?

This home uses wall switches such as dimming wall switch controllers HXC7S-1TW with dimming wall switch receivers HXM06-1TW to set scenes.

Monitoring the power line X10 signals using an ACT monitor I see power line signals such as: K[1]012636 for scene 1 and K[1]01BE36 for OFF and when I use ACT's free Logger Interface software with one of their computer interface controller I can enter those same strings to correctly generate the appropriate scene commands.

I have two problems: first I would like to control the individual lights and not only use the set scenes, and second I do not know how to have Homeseer software generate a K[1]012636 sequence, even if I was happy to live only with the scenes already set into the wall controller buttons.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks. But does anyone know how to discover which address code a receiver has learnt during that setup method?

Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

Reply to
Dave Houston

Yes, and that was clear from the documentation and stated in your earlier.

But when the switch receiver learnt its code from wall switch controllers which sent extended codes of the type I listed before such as K[1]012636, how does one determine which simple X10 code will operate it? And/or how does one set up Homeseer or any other X10 compatible software to generate such extended codes? I am asking particularly whether anyone has any experience of doing this and whether they would explain how they did it.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

Why not use any standard X10 type transmitter to send ON/OFF commands to each address in sequence. When a light responds, you know its individual X10 address. (You can get the Letter Code from the Extended Code command)

Reply to
R. Lejeune

Noted. Thanks.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.