CM19A

I obtained a CM19A at a garage sale and hooked it up to the serial port and nothing happens. I tried to signal it with a keychain remote but did not get any response or indication on the computer that the device works even though the LED lights up. I was under the impression this device received all codes. Am I doing something incorrect?

Reply to
Gene
Loading thread data ...

Did you configure the software for it?

Reply to
BruceR

There was no software as it was on the table in a plastic sandwich bag. I suppose I'm out of luck?

Reply to
Gene

Oops, this is a MR26A.

After looking at pictures on the net I finally got my magnifier out to read the torn up and faded label. Of course it still has the same problem.

I apologize for the confusion.

Reply to
Gene

It's been a long time so my memory may be corrupted but I think the Firecracker software will report MR26A output.

formatting link
The port needs to be configured for 9600 8N1. It outputs 5 bytes for each standard X-10 RF code. The protocol is described at...

formatting link

Reply to
dlh

Reply to
BruceR

I have gotten it to receive and display codes transmitted from a KC674. Now I have to look for a freeware and an interface to the power line. Thanks much to everyone who assisted me with their knowledge.

Reply to
Gene

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.