ceiling fan X10 control

hello

I want to control automate a ceiling fan which has 3 pull switches (bottom lights, top lights & fan). I have a Hampton Bay Jericho II fan.

To do this for the X10 system, I would need WS13A or WS14A. is this right?

Reply to
dilbert firestorm
Loading thread data ...

You want the non-dimming WS13A for the fan. It might be simpler to look at inline modules (again, non-dimming for the fan).

Reply to
dlh

what model/part number on the inline modules?

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

formatting link

Reply to
dlh

Reply to
dlh

what made you suggest the inline module? just curious.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Assuming you want independent control of everything, you need three switches and have to run wire from the fan to each switch - seems far simpler with inline modules.

Reply to
dlh

Who else makes home automation controllers for residential ceiling fans? Anyone else? Z-wave, upb, etc?

Reply to
Bill Kearney

does it allow cycling thru different light modes? the fans main light pull switch has 3 light modes, full (4 lights) , half #1 (2 lights), half #2 (2 lights).

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Unlikely. The light(s) and fan are on entirely different switches.

Your only choice would be to dim them all together at the same rate. Or, leave the pull chain functionality intact and then the dimmer will only dim what's active via the chain.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Fair enough. I was just wondering, I really don't use the 2 light modes tho.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.