apartment automation with an apple iBook?

Hey guys, Im gonna admit i am extremely new to all of this, but a friend of mine recently got a new X10 setup in his house and it amazed me. I wanted to set up a similar system in my new apartment, but i dont know if it would work with my apple ibook. If someone would be so kind as to just tell me 1. if its possible and 2. what i would need to buy in order to make everything work out

Thanks alot in advance Marc

Reply to
naderhen
Loading thread data ...

It depends on whether you can leave the iBook in full time control or you have to disconnect it and take it with you. I use Xtension which requires full time connection. Check out:

It's mac only software and there's a limited size demo version you can download (only controls five X10 addresses). Join the discussion/support list and lurk for a while.

As for what you need to buy: see the tutorials on the web site; what you buy will depend on what you want your system to do. A little up front planning will save some cost and frustration later (but might reduce the fun and learning).

No relationship with the software other than a satisfied user.

Bruce

Reply to
rbcameron

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.