ACNC Doorbell FON Question

The Doorbell Fon connects between the incoming line and the house phones. The connection is similar to a security system hookup, except that it doesn't use the RJ31X jack. This presents a special problem for DSL since the Doorbell Fon must be wired ahead of the internal phone lines. You could use a standard alarm system DSL filter like this one (my website).

formatting link
You'll also need to wire in the RJ31X jack.
formatting link
The procedure isn't complicated but it's also not intuitive. I can sketch out a diagram for you if you need it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

My email is snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

------------------------------------- I recently purchased a home that has the DoorBell Fon system installed in it. The previous owners had Comcast Cable for their internet provider, I am trying to install Verizon DSL. Eventhough I have filters on all my telephones, I am still getting feedback in the line. Could the DoorBell Fon be causing an issue? How can I filter the DSL signal from the DoorBell Fon? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx Scott

##-----------------------------------------------##

Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup -

comp.home.automation - 5221 messages and counting!

##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
dalabas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.