cell phones as webcams

I've been searching on the net for such topic, and I found no results. Mostly about getting your webcam straming to cellphones. Cellphones can be connected to a computer, and images transferred back and forth, so I thought that there must be some software that allows one to use the cellphone as a webcam. Anyone knows of such thing for newer Motorolas?

Reply to
joe
Loading thread data ...

What's the advantage to having your cell phone be a webcam too? With just a little plumbing and wiring, it could be a dishwasher as well.

Reply to
Rôgêr

I like interfacing devices, just for the sake of it. Now, if there's an advantage for the average person (that is, the one that has no money) that'd be saving a few bucks on a sparate webcam. If a cell phone already has a camera built in, and USB interface, it's a waste of technological possibilites not to create and include drivers to use it as a regular webcam.

Funny, really.

Reply to
joe

Not exactly a webcam/realtime, but I put the phone on my radio controlled truck, and drive it around the back 4 (only 4 acres in back, not fourty :( ) and send the images to my email address. There's a few second delay, so it's not real good for avoiding things like trees and ditches, but I did get a big box of superglue! :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Roger doesn't seem to be hip on the adult money making market.

##-----------------------------------------------##

Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup -

alt.internet.wireless - 12783 messages and counting!

##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
scottwebstar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.