zone alarm sharing question

I have two laptops. The first connects to the internet via its modem.

The second connects to the first via cat5 xover cable and am using Windows 2000 Pro on both.

I am running the free version of zone alarm in the first and is working correctly.

I have entered the ip address of the second computer in the "Firewall>

Zone" window and is marked as "trusted".

The two computers share basic files but the second will not share the internet unless the Firewall Internet Zone Security is set from High (default) to Medium. The ICS is set up and operates perfectly.

When on Medium, I receive these stupid messenger service pop ups which I have never received before.

Can anyone explain if its possible to run zone alarm in High and still be able to run the browser on the second computer.

Many thanks, David...

Reply to
denglish48060
Loading thread data ...

Taking a moment's reflection, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com mused: | | Can anyone explain if its possible to run zone alarm in High and still | be able to run the browser on the second computer.

Yes, but not with the free version. ICS on High security is only supported in the pay (Pro) version.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.