ZAPro finds msxml3.dll as a Trojan

False positive, AFAIK. Win98SE and (ver 6.0.631.0030) ZAPro's Anti-spyware freature finds this file as SahUpdate and ranks it as a *low* risk, but suggest quarantining it. ( wirh the anti-spyware defs updated today) If you click on more details it says it is a Trojan and should be deleted immediately and serves no useful purpose. I did submit msxml3.dll to totalvirus.com and it came out clean. I put it in Quarantine (even though its properties said it was an MS file) as suggested and was told to reboot to finish the process (rebooting was required because that file was in use). After rebooting, the Anti-spyware screens under the Main and Quarantine tabs were blank: no simple way to *restore* that file now. I even tried rebooting twice. Luckily I had another copy of that file and restored it that way, and after the next reboot ZAPro's Anti-spyware screens now worked. BEWARE, I believe it is a false positive and that file should just be put on the

*ignored* list, until ZoneLabs get it straightened out. Now I need to do a little research to see how to restore ZA's quarantined files through Explorer.
Reply to
Buffalo
Loading thread data ...

Couldn't get one for today, the one I have is dated yesterday 09/07/05 (the one that caused the problem).

Hopefully it will get corrected before others have the same problem.

Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
Buffalo

Reply to
Andrew Murray

Just got the ZA update dated 9Sep05 and the problem went away. Thanks

Reply to
Buffalo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.